PECompact is an advanced Windows executable compressor. Executable packers compress executable modules (EXE, DLL, etc..) so that their physical size is considerably smaller. At runtime, compressed modules are rapidly decompressed and reconstructed in memory. Used on Google Desktop, DivX Player 6.0, and hundreds of other popular software products, PECompact has real-world exposure and testing beyond competing products. With PECompact, you can rest assured your compressed software will be trouble free.
- Addition.Installer: Added new section to reset only out-of-control process
restraint settings. You'll be prompted at install to do so if that section
is checked (it is by default).
- Fix.Core: Restoration of restrained process priorities when they move to
the foreground has been improved. It is now more rapid in its response time
and possible errant conditions have been addressed.
- Fix.Core: Fixed case of restrained processes sometimes never being
restored to their original priority of their total CPU utilization never
drops below 10%, regardless of the configured value.
- Change.Core: Changed out-of-control process restraint defaults so they are
slightly less aggressive.
- Change.Core: Improved code efficiency in some places.
- Change.GUI: Reduced max depth of per-process and global CPU utilization
history, there-by reducing RAM use per-process slightly (very).
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here