UltraVNC is a powerful, easy to use and free software that can display the screen of another computer (via internet or network) on your own screen. The program allows you to use your mouse and keyboard to control the other PC remotely. It means that you can work on a remote computer, as if you were sitting in front of it, right from your current location. If you provide computer support, you can quickly access your customer's computers from anywhere in the world and resolve helpdesk issues remotely ! With addons like SingleClick your customers don't even have to pre-install software or execute complex procedures to get remote helpdesk support.
- Exceptions thrown with no message cause access violations when Report
- All message boxes are now properly parented to the viewer window so that they
are modal. We ran into quite a few that ended up behind the main window, or
behind the file transfer windows
- Socket timeouts are now used during file transfer so that connections lost
while connected to a repeater are detected (We have a multistage repeater chain
(server -> repeater -> repeater-> repeater -> viewer that doens't reliably tear
down connections on network failure. Don't ask ;) )
- A small keepalive message is sent every 5 seconds after receiving a file chunk
to keep the server or viewer from timing out during a read. This is necessary
because there's no flow control in the FT protocol. I didn't notice a decrease
in throughput. Keepalive support is negotiated between viewer and server. Should
be fully backwards compatible, though I suppose if the viewer doens't want
keepalives, the server should not use the socket timeouts.
- The prompt for exit is now respects the m_fExitCheck setting if the 'x' in the
full screen titlebar is clicked
- Another big change to the file transfer module is that a temporary file is
used to hold the file being transferred. When it is successfully completes, it
is moved to the original file name -- resume still works too. This was because
when a file transfer is interrupted, a user (ie, service tech) can't tell if the
file is complete.
- The close button on the file transfer dialog is now enabled and disabled
during file transfers. You can't close the window with the 'x' during a
transfer, but you can otherwise
- Many variables are now properly initialized.
- The black layered window is now brought to the top every 20ms -- the start
menu is still visible on the remote system so this change makes it go away
faster. It's not a good fix but I couldn't find a better way with the time I
- You can now register the service with a custom name.
- Simplified Copy_to_temp and copy_to_secure_from_temp
- When the network connection is lost, a message is shown "Connection lost due
to communication failure" instead of "writeexact: socket error while writing"
- socket read/write errors now break the while (connected) loop in vncclient.cpp
- Simplified file handle cleanup
- FT crash fix, lock screeen while transfer
- quickoption fix: Was not saved correct
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Free Version: 1.0.4 RC17 Size: 2.14MB Works on: Windows