Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
- Data Compare
- Fixed persistence of column name session settings.
- Fixed poor behavior when accepting changes to the "Columns" session
settings while the "Tidy" button is enabled.
- File Formats
- Added hex numbers to "C,C++,C# Source" file format.
- Cleaned up grammars for various formats.
- Fixed importing file formats with helpers (Ini, Java).
- File Views
- Added panel to show any errors that occurred while loading a comparison.
- Added support for showing "Next/Previous Difference Files" commands on the
- Folder Compare
- Added "Use Recycle Bin if possible" to Sync Preview dialog.
- Using "Retry" on the "Folder Not Available" dialog now adds the new paths
to the "Back" list.
- Sync Preview dialog now remembers its size.
- Fixed unresponsiveness and extreme CPU usage when showing the sync preview
dialog or comparison info dialog for large folder comparisons.
- Fixed crash when closing the Sync Preview dialog while it's building the
- Fixed behavior when resizing a column and right-clicking to show the
- Fixed unresponsiveness and extreme CPU usage when content comparisons on
large selections remove most of the selected items from the display.
- Fixed flickering status bar when loading a comparison or expanding
- Folder Sync
- Fixed progress bar not to appear when loading an empty sync session.
- Fixed slow SFTP uploads to OpenSSH servers.
- Toolbars now always have the same height.
- Improved view tab's background gradient.
- Added marquee support to progress bars.
- Fixed support for various keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+Left/Right, etc).
- Fixed crash when checking for updates resulted in an HTTP redirect.
- Fixed behavior when using "Browse File System..." with an FTP comparison
- Fixed crash when rapidly closing multiple tabs.
- Fixed GNOME context menu's support for filenames with spaces.
- Fixed support for localized system error messages.
- Fixed crash when using a world-wide or unlimited site license.
- MP3 Compare
- Added "Play Both" toolbar button.
- Playback now uses DirectX when available to support more codecs.
- No longer creates temporary copies of files that aren't in zips or on FTP
- Importing BC2 settings now lists items that can't be imported.
- Fixed importing BC2 settings breaking the "Add to Custom Colors" command
in the Color dialog.