VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit Windows platforms (95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP), licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.
Build 29958 (1.8.4, stable): [August 9, 2008]
* Export > Raw Audio defaults to .mp3 extension when the audio track is in
MPEG layer III format.
* Capture: Optimized display code slightly when main window is minimized.
* Fixed another crash with uncompressed paletted video.
* Fixed several dialogs that had placeholder icons.
* "Open shared job list" dialog now shows the correct title.
* Fixed shared job list sync errors when using a job file originally saved
from non-shared mode.
* Image sequence export jobs didn't reload properly.
* Perspective filter no longer shows garbage preview frame before a frame is
* Capture: The "track active window client area" setting of the screencap
driver is now saved properly.
* Capture: Fixed crash when exiting Set Custom Format dialog with no width
or height selected.
* DV: Fixed noise when audio switches between 12-bit and 16-bit encoding.
* D3D: Fixed wrong-boxing of video when source frame is YCbCr and larger
* Video > Select Range dialog now works again. It now sets the selection.
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 1.8.4 build 29958 Size: 1.3MB Works on: Windows