JkDefrag is a disk defragmenter and optimizer for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/X64. Completely automatic and very easy to use, fast, low overhead, with several optimization strategies, and can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows. Included are a Windows version, a commandline version (for scheduling by the task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts), a screensaver version, a DLL library (for use from programming languages), versions for Windows X64, and the complete sources.
- Upgraded to the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 compiler.
- Logfile is now written in UTF-8, it used to be ANSI.
- Changed the default font into a smaller font.
- A change in the display code to respond faster to multiple redraw
requests, for example when the users resizes the window.
- Rewrite of the subroutine that finds combinations of files to fill a
gap, to make it faster.
- Changed the algorithm for "-a 6" (move to end of disk) to better fill
- Changed the way disks are accessed to accomodate special kinds of disks,
such as virtual and encrypted disks.
- Bugfix in the screensaver for very long commandlines.
- Change in the disk analyzation code to fix a "zero bytes per cluster"
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here