RJ TextEd 4.6Posted on Sunday, Sep 07 2008 @ 20:13 CEST by Thomas De Maesschalck
RJ TextEd is a full featured text and source editor with Unicode support, syntax highlighting and code folding. The functionality extends beyond text files and includes support for HTML editing with integrated preview, spell checking, auto completion, HTML validation, templates and more. The program also include support for Topstyle Lite CSS editor, has a dual pane file commander, as well as a FTP client to upload your files. Below is a small list of features available. For a full list check out the features section.
Added new fold options. Check out the "Help" for more information on these.
Increased speed. Especially for large files and long lines.Support all fonts
It is now possible to use all fonts, including Arial, Verdana, Calibri... Tabs does now work correctly when using fonts with variable width, like Arial.Draw/Parser changes
Made some changes to string handling. Less string data is moved around in memory when drawing text or parsing data for keywords, strings, code folding blocks... For small/normal file sizes you may not notice much difference, but for larger files it is very noticeable.Added 4 new functions in the format menu.
- Convert tabs to spaces
- Convert spaces to tabs
- Convert leading spaces to tabs
- Remove trailing white spaces
Removed the "Convert" menu and re-arranged some menus.Open program and file(s) speed
- Improved the upstart speed.
- Made the file(s) open faster in the editor.
- The language and option files are stored in memory. Had to create an UTF-16 enabled memory ini class to make this possible. It also uses a hashed Unicode string list to store the options.
Added a new tab to the "Quickbar" called "General". It's the first tab and only have 2 buttons: "Enclose" (enclose selection with e.g. quotes) and "Configure Tools...". You can add your own tool buttons on the rest of the toolbar.Tools
Made it possible to add tools to the "Quickbar->General" tab toolbar.Status bar
Made some visual changes to the status bar. Overwrite mode (OVR) and Column mode (COL) is now highlighted.Recent files
Added a menu item in the "Recent files" menu to clear the list.Misc
- New indicators to mark word wrapped lines.
- Indent lines as dotted.
- Option to "convert tabs to spaces before saving"
- Option to "remove trailing white spaces before saving"
- <Esc> will close the search pane at the bottom.
- The buttons on the find pane keep there focus so you can continue to
search or replace by pressing
- Colons are no longer included when you double click on a word.
- New tool option to open selected file in "File Commander".
- Middle mouse button click on a tab will close the document.
- Added "Read-Only" menu item to the document tab menu.
- The startup splash is back.
- Mouse click on bottom list on "Clips" tab could cause an error.
- Find in read only documents wasn't working.
- Scrolling in text preview on the options dialog didn't work.
- Several taskbar button problems where fixed. ( Especially in Win 98 )
- Fixed several problems in the startup procedure and re-enabled the startup splash window.
- Fixed some issues with the warning message when an external program has changed a document.
- Fixed a "User Menu" Unicode character problem.
- Command line option /L failed if program was already running.
- An error with deleting a selection and folding.
- Fixed several undo/redo issues.
- The folder tree in the open/save dialog didn't show network drives.
- A few serious replace all issues
- Some issues with read only documents.
- Step problem in the script editor.
- Fixed several text cursor issues.
- Fixed several word wrap issues.
- A small issue in the FTP profile manager.
- Open/Save dialog filename completion.
- And more...
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here