Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendlyness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
1. Make Notepad++ Unicode-compliant application(Unicode path supported).
2. Fix crash issue due to the incoherent modification/creation date.
3. Fix tag match highlighting mismatched bug.
4. Make tag match highlighting on non html zone optional.
5. Refine the Save/Open file directory settings (follow tab/last operation/user
6. Add "Doc go to new instance" and "Doc open in new instance" features.
7. Add new pluin notification NPPN_DOCACTIVATED and NPPN_LANGCHANGED.
8. Fix context menu incorrect setting crash bug.
9. Fix a problem with Incremental search+UTF8 in win9x.
10. Fix bug with CPP lexer keyword list.
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Free Version: 5.1 beta Size: 2.53MB Works on: Windows