After 17 months in development, we are pleased to announce the launch of PowerArchiver 2009! From now on PowerArchiver will come in two versions: Standard and Professional. PowerArchiver 2009 Pro adds new features such as CD/DVD/BD burning, secure FTP Client and advanced PowerArchiver backup options. Here is the full list of changes in this new release:
- Preview window - easily preview archives, images, text and many other
file types, without having to open archive or file. Works both while
browsing drives and inside archives. Supports Plug-ins.
- Backup list window - see your backups on integrated list for easier
- Speed - overall great speed improvements in compression and extraction,
especially in Vista with RAR/ZIP files.
- New ZIP Engine - zip can now compress files in use; proper progress
- Improved 7-Zip Engine - support for fast updating of non-solid archives,
themed overwrite dialogue with proper options.
- Unicode support - better support for Unicode in 7-zip and RAR formats.
- New Configuration window - easier to use configuration window.
- Modern/Classic interfaces - streamlined for easier use, more MRU's.
- Archive Convertor - added "save password for current session" option.
- Encrypt Tool - completely redone - now option to create zip and 7zip
encrypted archives, as well as encrypt current archives to 3 different
formats (zip, 7-zip, pae).
- Batch Archive tool - added "Add subfolders to separate archives" option.
- Multi Extract tool - added "File's current folder" and "Save password
for current session" options.
- Add window - redone for easier usage and more options added.
- Transparent Updating - added support for updating solid cab archives.
- Web Update - now checks for PAOP updates as well as any other PA
- Installer - future updates can now come in form of patches.
- 64bit skinning engine for x64 systems.
- Enterprise features - add minimum encryption strenght, disable online
features and more.
- Interface - completely new interface with sidebar navigation.
- File list support - export/import file lists.
- Filters - added include and exclude filters at the same time.
- Backup Types - added full/incremental/differential backup types.
- Unicode - completely rewritten for Unicode support.
- Reorganized - more features, more options, less clutter.
- Many improvements and bug fixes.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here