The program allows you to recompress your AVI files. The application supports not only files containing audio streams but AVIs without any audio as well. For the time being the program uses only XviD codec for the recompression process (versions: 1.0.3 or newer). The installation pack contains all required components (the newest versions of: VirtualDubMod, AviSynth and XviD). AVI ReComp can be very useful for users who want to clear their AVIs out of GMC or Qpel functions to prepare their clips for standalone DVD players. The program contains the feature of embedding subtitles into video. So if you want burnt in subtitles, you can use this software.
- New version check option.
- "Donate" and "Beta-testing" buttons.
- New tray menu icons.
- New progress bar for active jobs.
- Additional info in the "Data panel" (QPel, GMC, AR, audio encoding mode).
- New keyboard shortcuts description window.
- AviSynth updated to version 2.5.8 RC4.
- Lame updated to version 3.98.2
- Source and temp files protection if a job is stopped with an error.
- Log info corrections and improvements.
- Some command line improvements.
- Desktop alert module rebuilt (now with fade out effect).
- "Move up/down" buttons - enabled only if more than 1 job in the queue.
- Job list improvements and corrections.
- Default mp3 encoding mode changed to VBR.
- Changed names of some temporary file names.
- Black borders not allowed (warning) for AR lower or equal 4:3.
- Some GUI changes and improvements.
- VDubMod is now running in hidden mode.
- Better target size calculation.
- "Data panel" rebuilt (new "General" section).
- The new AVI size now auto-defaults to the size of the source file.
- Removed or replaced some log data (file names, paths) in the interest of
preserving users privacy.
- Additional warning if a save to location and/or target size are not specified.
- Improved Unicode support in some places.
- New source file could be loaded via context menu during setting audio
parameters for another movie.
- Some dialog boxes collisions.
- A rarely encountered type of mp3 audio stream could be flagged as
- There was a space in the bitrate value instead of a thousands separator.
- Incorrect behaviour when Stay on top option was enabled.
- In some circumstances a job could be marked as "aborted" even though it was
- Taskbar icon error when using Cropping or Resizing tools.
- Serious bug when recompressing files with size larger than 4 GB.
- Incorrect behaviour of some windows.
- Spelling corrections.
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 1.4.4 Size: 9.78MB Works on: Windows