Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendlyness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
1. Make Notepad++ Unicode-compliant application(Unicode path supported).
2. Fix crash issue due to the incoherent modification/creation date.
3. Enhance Find in files feature : launch in thread, stop as wish.
4. Fix tag match highlighting mismatched bug.
5. Make tag match highlighting on non html zone optional.
6. Fix cpu high consumption bug while document is cloned with smart highlighting and xml matched highlighting features activating.
7. Refine the Save/Open file directory settings (follow tab/last operation/user defined dir).
8. Add "Doc go to new instance" and "Doc open in new instance" features.
9. Move document to another instance of Notepad++ via drag and drop document tab.
10. Add new pluin notification NPPN_DOCACTIVATED and NPPN_LANGCHANGED.
11. Fix context menu incorrect setting crash bug.
12. Fix crash problem while typing Chinese character in ANSI CSS document under Chinese environment.
13. Fix a problem with Incremental search+UTF8 in win9x.
14. Fix the User defined language not working in Unicode version bug.
15. Fix bug with CPP lexer keyword list.
16. Fix auto-completion not woring for HTML, SQL and RC problem.
17. Remove all the comic sans font (finally :) ).
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Free Version: 5.1 RC Size: 2.67MB Works on: Windows