• Lightroom could crash when switching to or from the web module on Windows
• Selecting a custom camera profile or using auto-white balance could cause a
• Preference files pointing to missing catalogs could prevent Lightroom from
progressing past the registration dialog.
• Errors could occur when attempting to create a virtual copy with a computer
that has a processor that is not SSE2 enabled. (This is a method of delivering
instructions to the processor which was introduced with the Pentium 4 processor.
It should not have affected a significant number of modern machines.)
• Modal dialogs could try to appear on a disabled second monitor, causing
Lightroom to appear hung or unresponsive.
• When a DNG file was selected for export to a derivative TIFF file and it is
added to the catalog at export there was a possibility that one of the files
could be treated as a sidecar within Lightroom such that deleting one file
Performance Bugs - Fixed
• Attempting to import a large number of images that already exist within the
Lightroom catalog could cause significant performance delays.
• The image counts that appear next to each folder could appear to populate
• Lightroom scanned the calibration profile directory excessively when switching
• The 'three dot' indicator in the grid view persisted longer than necessary.
• The Mac 64-bit version did not have SSE2 optimization, causing reduced
• Memory leaks in the Library and Develop modules decreased Lightroom
• Applying keywords via presets or on import could greatly decrease import
• Folder synchronizing could experience significant performance decreases.
Keywords and Metadata - Fixed
• Keywords from Lightroom 1.4 were not included on image export by default.
(Please note that catalogs upgraded from Lightroom 1.4 using Lightroom 2.1 will
not have this issue, but catalogs upgraded from 1.4 using 2.0 will still need to
use the script posted at our technical support site at:
• Lightroom stopped rendering previews prior to completion on files with
metadata changes applied by other applications.
• The "Any Searchable Field" search option did not find caption text.
Photoshop Interop - Fixed
• Edit in Photoshop did not work correctly or at all for some customers.
• Copyright Status and Info URL fields were not transferred when a file was
created from Lightroom for use in Photoshop.
• XMP metadata from the IDimager application was not carried over during an Edit
in Photoshop operation.
• Files with an ampersand in the file name were not added back to the Lightroom
Library after an Edit in Photoshop session.
• Choosing to Edit in Photoshop from a folder with an apostrophe in the name
would cause the feature to fail.
• Certain NEF files were rotated incorrectly when opened into Photoshop from
Miscellaneous Troubling Items - Fixed
• Re-importing missing photos from an exported catalog could ignore the setting
'preserve old settings as virtual copy.'
• Choosing to undo a slider adjustment in Lightroom on Windows would cause two
undo steps to occur if the slider was still under active mouse selection.
• Lights Out mode could flicker on Windows when the detail panel was selected in
the Develop module.
• The crop aspect ratio could revert to the last selected ratio even when it had
been reset to original.
• The spot tool might not switch from clone to healing mode upon request if the
brush was above a certain size.
• Certain ORF files were not read by Lightroom.
• During import and conversion to DNG, file renaming could use the operating
system's date stamp rather than the file’s EXIF date.
• Panoramic images printed with a portrait layout and utilizing the auto layout
functionality would cause images to print at a low resolution.
The following are issues that are still under investigation and not fixed in
• Catalogs with hundreds of root (top level) folders can cause very slow launch
times. We are currently testing a fix for this but need more time to evaluate
it. As a workaround, try right-clicking a root folder and choosing “Add Parent
Folder” until the number of folders at the left-most level of the Folders
hierarchy is significantly reduced.
• We are still working on additional methods to improve the performance of the
new Localized Correction features.
Newly supported camera models include:
• Fuji Finepix IS Pro
• Nikon D700
• Nikon D90
• Nikon Coolpix P6000
Program Information Category:
Shareware Version: 2.1 Size: 64.3MB Works on: Windows, Mac OS X