VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
It doesn't need any external codec or program to work.
Changes between 0.9.4 and 0.9.5:
* Fixed buffer overflow in TiVo demuxer (SA-0809, CVE-2008-4686, CVE-2008-4654)
* Fixed libpng CVE-2008-3964 in Win32 and MacOS builds
* Closed Caption EIA 608/708 parsing enabled for libmpeg2
* Fixed various potential crashes and memleaks
* Fixed issues with reading from files (especially non-local)
* Fix bug where interface was "eating" some media keys
* Fix some crashes in DirectShow access
* Fix bug when the resetting of preferences didn't reset the dialog states
* Right-click menu to select playlist columns reenabled
* Various fixed in playlist
* MMAP module is now deactivated by default
Note: Currently it's only available for Mac and Linux. A Windows version will follow shortly.
* Update of Brazillian, Swedish translation