Songbird is an open-source customizable music player that's under active development.
Improved Audio/Playback Functionality
- We now use GStreamer as our main media playback system, across all
platforms - giving us higher performance, better reliability, and a platform
for much more media-related functionality in the future.
- Songbird supports MP3, FLAC, and Vorbis on all platforms; WMA on
Windows; and AAC on Windows and Mac.
UI Experience Improvements
User experience improvements include these significant visual and functional
- Many new keyboard shortcuts added. The list of those supported per
platform can be viewed via "Keyboard Shortcuts" selection in the Help menu.
- We’ve refined the column heading property list and made it easier to
enable the properties you care about. Just right click on any column heading
in a library or playlist to give it a try.
- "Show File" now available for any selected track via File menu or right
click on track contextual menu. This provides an easy way to find the media
file location on your filesystem.
- Smart Playlists can now be used as rules within other Smart Playlists.
- Ability to show/hide display panes via individual buttons for service
pane, bottom and right sidebar display panes
This release provides improved performance:
- Faster Media Importing
- Drastically Faster Search
- Reduced Startup Times
- Snappier Sorting
- Efficient Scrolling of Large Libraries
- Reduced Memory Usage (When importing and using large libraries)
Windows, Linux, Mac
Product page: here