Process Lasso 3.27 beta 7Posted on Wednesday, Dec 03 2008 @ 15:29 CET by Thomas De Maesschalck
Process Lasso is a unique new technology that will, amongst other things, improve your PC's responsiveness and stability. Windows, by design, allows programs to monopolize your CPU without restraint -- leading to freezes and hangs. Process Lasso's ProBalance technology intelligently adjusts the priority of running programs so that badly behaved programs won't interfere with your ability to use the computer!
This version represents the most major changes to Process Lasso in several months. It adds the ability to restrain out-of-control processes by changing their CPU affinities in addition to their priority classes. There are also a wide array of functional additions and enhancements.
- Addition.Core: Added support for ProBalance restraint by changing the CPU affinity of offending processes.
- Addition.Core: Emits log entry when an instance of the governor starts, also indicating the config file in use.
- Addition.GUI: Added support for ProBalance restraint by changing the CPU affinity of offending processes.
- Addition.GUI: Added option to exit the GUI on window close, instead of minimizing to system tray.
- Addition.GUI: Created a new log/action column for process ID.
- Addition.InstallHelper: Added extended error codes from MakeService to help track down service install problems.
- Addition.InstallHelper: Created new switches '/terminate' and '/uninstall', which were formerly combined in '/remove'.
- Fix.GUI: Various ongoing adjustments to windowing code.
- Change.GUI: Don't open another instance of the update check dialog if one is already open.
- Change.GUI: Edits to log entry descriptions.
- Change.GUI: Minor optimizations.
- Change.Defaults: Now clears log at each exit by default to help reduce memory use and log clutter.
- Change.Defaults: Default log size decreased to 100 lines.
- Change.Core: Minor optimizations.
- Change.Core: Tweaks to ProBalance restraint algorithm.
- Change.Localization: Don't show language selection dialog since only English is available (instead of show and close).
- Change.Installer: Several upgrade related changes.
- Change.Installer: Less safety wait time for termination of running instances.
- Change.Installer: Startup settings now preserved better.
- Change.Installer: No longer asks Windows 2000 users to terminate Process Lasso, unless necessary.
- Addition.Installer: Now detects if Process Lasso instance(s) are still running after attempted termination, and prompts user to terminate them.
- Addition.InstallHelper: Added explicit '/checksettings' switch, to check for default setting changes the user should be prompted about.
Tools and Utilities
3.27 beta 7
Product page: here