Red Alert 3 Patch 1.05Posted on Friday, Dec 05 2008 @ 14:50 CET by Thomas De Maesschalck
- DRM De-authorization - if you've maxed out at 5 machines, you can easily de-authorize any installation in-game with a few simple clicks
- Balance exploit fix – Added capture delay on Engineers
- Balancing Allies vs. Empire of the Rising Sun --- Specifically tuning Allied aircraft rush against Rising Sun
- Added the ability to see player’s stats in the online lobby
- Added Co-op lobbies - so you can easily find your next best-friend-co-Commander
- Official Release of Red Alert 3 Worldbuilder - download it above!
- A critical list of balance and technical changes - click the forum thread link to view the entire list
This patch for Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 fixes
several exploits and bugs, improves balance, provides assorted user interface
enhancements, and more.
· During Skirmish and Multiplayer games, Engineers will now take several seconds to successfully capture a structure. During this time
the Engineer will be vulnerable to attack.
· Reduced the power requirement for the Empire of the Rising Sun Refinery from 55 to 50.
· Reduced the cost of the Allied Harvester from 1400 to 1000.
· The Allied Refinery's sell price has been increased from 300 to 500.
· The Vindicator should now do 50% less damage versus Empire of the Rising Sun Cores.
· The Mecha Tengu's anti-air weapon damage has been increased from 15 to 23.
· The Vindicator and Century Bomber will now properly receive the additional ammo if grounded when Advanced Aeronautics is purchased.
· Units in aggressive stance will now auto-acquire enemy Tank Busters in their spider holes.
· Fixed an exploit where players could get two infantry units out of a Power Plant when selling it.
· Construction Yards will now spawn an Engineer when destroyed.
· Construction Yards will now spawn an Engineer when sold on the water.
· Akula Subs will now be much easier to target as they surface to fire.
· The Soviet Ore Collector now has a proper cooldown time on its secondary ability.
· The Soviet Super Reactor will now damage aircraft when destroyed
· Fixed a bug where the Hammer Tank was not receiving a damage increase on its Leech Beam after attaining veterancy.
· The King Oni will now perform a melee attack when attacking enemies nearby, which will also cause meta-damage to infantry.
· Fixed a bug where Hospitals were not healing infantry units garrisoned inside vehicles.
· The Shogun will now properly fire all of its laser cannons when automatically attacking structures in aggressive stance.
· The Hammer Tank will now receive health when using its Leech Beam against an enemy that has Point Defense Drones.
· Fixed an exploit where players could get the Sky-wing to land on dry land.
· The map reveal from Observation Posts is no longer obstructed by various terrain heights.
· Engineers targeted with Cash Bounty will no longer provide funds when the engineer captures a structure.
· The Apocalypse Tank can now properly change targets when using its Magnetic Harpoon ability.
· Fixed an exploit where the Javelin Soldier could remain fully locked onto their target even after moving.
· Fixed a bug where the Terror Drone would maintain its Stasis Ray even though it switched to Dismantler Claws.
· Fixed an exploit where players could create more than 4 docking aircraft per airfield or airbase.
· Fixed an exploit where players could change faction right before the game countdown finished.
· Fixed an exploit where players could disconnect from games and still gain benefits to their record.
· In 2v2 team games, teammates will always start next to each other.
· Fixed exploits where the starting game countdown wouldn't stop if a player changed game parameters in the final second.
<User Interface Enhancements>
· Added several Co-op lobbies to the lobby list.
· Added the ability to see a player's stats in the online lobbies. By hovering over a player's name, this will display a summary of that player's wins, losses, and rank.
· Vertical sliders in the menus can now be scrolled using the mouse wheel.
· Added the Broadcast option under the Rules Tab for Custom online matches.
· When players change map size in the game setup screen, the appropriate number of slots will be opened.
· The custom match lobby list will now display icons for Clan, VOIP, Custom Map, and Passworded games in the Status column.
· Added the proper Observer panel when observing online matches.
· Added the ability to Whisper to players in different lobbies.
· Players can now see Whispers while in the Game Setup screen of an online match.
· The host of a Co-op campaign match will now receive a notification when they send an invite to other players.
· When editing hotkeys or VOIP settings, they will now only be changed for the current active profile.
· The player will no longer be kicked back to the main menu after entering an incorrect password for an online game.
· At least two extra mouse buttons can now be assigned to commands in the Custom Hotkeys screen.
· Added a visual indicator in-game to display whether a player is using Team or Global VOIP chat.
· Players will now receive a message that the lobby is full when attempting to join a full lobby.
· Added a refresh button onto the custom match lobby screen.
· Added more details into the invite request a player has received.
· Fixed a bug where Burst Drones were not inflicting damage when activating their secondary ability before attaching to a vehicle.
· Fixed a bug where the progress bar for structures was not displaying when their production was paused.
· Fixed a bug where the Terror Drones were receiving a garrison cursor when hovering over civilian buildings in the shroud.
· If the Stingray uses its secondary ability on water and then moves onto land, the ability button will now properly display the cooldown time.
· Fixed a bug where corrupted graphics would display when issuing Planning Mode commands extremely close to the selected unit.
· Fixed a bug where Spies would retain the Tesla effect after using Bribe while disguised as a Tesla Trooper.
· The Mission Menu map will now properly display bridges.
· The Riptide ACV will now properly fire its torpedoes when force firing in the water.
· A Terror Drone will now properly grey out the unpack command of an enemy unit affected by the Stasis Ray.
· Fixed a bug where units would potentially warp when being disengaged from an enemy Apocalypse Tank's magnetic harpoon.
· A Reverse Move command will no longer be cancelled when a non-movement secondary ability is toggled midway through the move command.
· Fixed a bug where the King Oni wouldn't do any damage with its Bull Rush if used before reaching its build waypoint.
· Empire of the Rising Sun vehicles can no longer transform through bridges.
· Fixed a bug where Empire of the Rising Sun cores were not unpacking if the player saved a game while the core was moving to its destination.
· Fixed a bug where hosting or joining a multiplayer match was causing your VOIP settings to default to Voice-Activated.
· Fixed a bug where VOIP settings were being set back to default after finishing a game.
· Torpedoes will no longer follow amphibious units onto land.
· Fixed a bug where the Twinblade would sometimes go underground when attempting to pick up passengers.
· Fixed a bug where the Terror Drone would sometimes have difficulty garrisoning inside a Twinblade.
· Fixed stability issues with joining, leaving, and re-joining network games.
· The research of Heightened and Max Clearance can now be continued after being paused.
· Twinblades will no longer be damaged when picking up a vehicle infected with a Terror Drone.
· Fixed an issue where aircraft would go underground when landing at their airfield or airbase.
· The Apocalypse Tank will now display its grinder effects on Medium and lower LOD
· Fixed a bug where your Co-commander's MCV would sometimes fail to unpack after destroying the Tesla Coils in mission Allied 03.
· Fixed a desync for when an observer toggled between players in an online match.
· Added DRM Deauthorization into both the launcher and Options menu in-game. Clicking the "Deauthorize" button will deauthorize the computer from playing Red Alert 3, allowing players to run the game on a different computer. Restarting the game on the original computer will reauthorize Red Alert 3 on that machine.
· Added status pips for units being healed by Hospitals.
· The Bullfrog can now target an area for passengers to be ejected even if that area is currently out of range.
· After the Free Trade power is purchased, additional numbers will now display from refineries indicating the power's benefit.
· Infantry will now play a meta-impact animation when hit with V4 rockets.
· Tanya will now receive a C4 cursor when hovering over enemyvehicles and ships.
· The Chrono Rift/Chasm/Fissure powers have had their portraits updated to better reflect the functionality of the powers.
· Commando units will no longer receive a garrison cursor when hovering over Ore Nodes and tech structures under the fog-of-war.
· Chrono Rifted units can now be selected by control group number after warping back in.
· Valid structures will now receive a rally point mouse cursor when hovering over bridges.
· Conscripts, Peacekeepers, and Imperial Warriors will now receive a counter-garrison cursor when hovering over valid civilian structure targets.
· The Yari Mini-Sub will now reliably hit Yuriko with its secondary kamikaze ability.
· Added Ammo Pips for respective units into their portrait.
· Units with the disguise ability will now display a unique disguise cursor when hovering over valid disguise targets.
· Burst Drones that are attached to units will now show up on the mini-map.
· Vehicles that have been pilot sniped can now be crushed appropriately.
· Added a sound effect for placing camera bookmarks.
· Added a sound effect for the game countdown timer
· Added Victory/Defeat music to the end of a multiplayer match.
· Improvements to how stats are tabulated in the post-game summary.
· Improved the overall AI management of Harvesters.
· Improved the push-to-talk functionality of VOIP while playing a Co-op campaign mission.
· Power Plants will now turn dark when infiltrated by an enemy unit.
· The Athena Cannon will now receive unique firing FX when it achieves Heroic veterancy.
· The Dolphin will now receive unique firing FX when it achieves Heroic veterancy.
· The Striker VX will now receive unique firing FX when it achieves Heroic Veterancy.
· The Sky-wing will receive unique firing effects when it achieves Heroic Veterancy.
· The wrench repair icon will now display on structures that are being repaired by your co-commander.
· Infantry units will now correctly evacuate from a transport vehicle that has been pilot sniped by Natasha.
· Replays will now provide users with a Telestrator.
· Added descriptive text for the "Destroy the Generators" bonus objective in campaign mission Allied 05.
· Added an extra health bar to the Athena Cannon to indicate the strength of its shield and/or point defense drones.
· The first unit selected for Chrono Swap will now have an icon denoting its selection.
· Infantry units will now fall to the ground when killed while parachuting.
· Expanded the variety of animations for Yuriko Omega.
· Added several people to the game's credits.
· Fixed various typos and made certain dialog messages more clear.
· Various other bug fixes.
Games and patches
Product page: here