WhereIsIt is an application written for Windows operating systems, and designed to help you maintain and organize a catalog of your computer media collection, including CD-ROMs and DVDs, audio CDs, diskettes, removable drives, hard drives, network drives, remote file servers, or any other present or future storage media device Windows can access as a drive.
The primary goal for WhereIsIt is to provide access to the contents of cataloged disks, even when they are not available on the system, or even they are not your own. You can browse their contents, search for files or folders you need, use imported descriptions and thumbnails, organize data using categories and flags etc.
- Runtime plugins now have the ability to process multiple selected items
at once. DescAPI provides some new functions to allow runtime plugins to
properly adjust and respond to such cases.
- All included runtime plugins, most notably IMDB plugin, have been
extended to support processing multiple selected items.
- Several other enhancements to the IMDB plugin. Plugin now always imports
the largest available movie cover on IMDB site, progress window flickering
while downloading from IMDB site has been eliminated, and there are some
other minor UI improvements.
- Redesigned both user interface and underlying functionality for scanning
and browsing network drives, accessed via UNC addresses. Network detection
has been improved. Browsing available network resources can be done in three
different, user selectable ways, as well as directly entering UNC address.
UNC history remembers last few used UNC addresses for faster access.
- Support for network drives has been extended to support Unicode UNC
addresses, such as remote shares with localized, non-ASCII names.
- Added handling of Unicode encoded data in Vorbis tags (most commonly
used by "Ogg Multimedia Files" and "Flac Audio Files" description plugins).
- When scanning a media, archive files with Unicode file names may have
appeared listed twice if also cataloging their contents. Fixed.
- Some plugins have had problems importing descriptions for files
compressed inside archives. Fixed.
- Several other minor adjustments and fixes.
Tools and Utilities
3.95 (build 1204)
Product page: here