Sylpheed is a simple, lightweight but featureful, and easy-to-use e-mail client (mailer, MUA).
Sylpheed runs on Unix-like systems such as Linux, BSD, and Mac OS X. It also supports Windows.
- New features
- The POP3 remote mailbox feature, which enables the direct
view/download/deletion of messages on POP3 server, was added.
- The backups of configuration files are kept for four generations
- Feature improvements
- Enchant (with GtkSpell 2.0.13) has been supported.
- When creating filter rule automatically, the target header field is
used as a default filter name.
- The Japanese manual was updated.
- In the folder selection dialog, only folders which are expanded in
the folder view are expanded.
- The folders which should not be selected in the folder selection
dialog became unselectable.
- Unix: Only new messages are counted when incorporating from local
- Unix: SIGHUP/SIGINT/SIGTERM/SIGQUIT signals are handled now.
- Win32: System shutdown event is also handled on debug mode.
- The parser of IMAP4 was fixed.
- Warnings about --datarootdir on running the configure script was
- The bug that the addressbook window was not refreshed when sender of
message was added to the addressbook was fixed.
- A workaround for raw-JIS filename used for attachments (specifically
Eudora) was made.
- The compilation error when using GTK+ 2.14.x was fixed.
- Some build fixes were made.
- Several bugfixes were made.
Tools and Utilities
Winodws, Linux, Mac
Product page: here