GB-PVR is a mature, robust, full-featured Personal Video Recorder (PVR) or Media Center which runs on Microsoft Windows. It's main function is scheduling tv recording and watching live tv, but it can also playback a wide variety of media types across music, videos and photos. The application is made even more useful with a wide range of plugins available, providing features like weather, music jukeboxes, netflix etc
- this release includes a few more tweakable skin settings. The blue skin is
mostly unchanged, but to show a few changes I included an experimental skin
called slick, which is loosely modelled on xmbc 'Aeon' skin (showing different
main menu style, different layout in Music/Video/Picture library screens).
- added ability to record multiple channels from the same multiplex with same
digital card. This is only possible when you're using the 'TS Mux' option.
- encrypted dvb transport stream recordings now contain enough information for
offline decrypting to be possible (with tools like TSoffDec, OfflineCSA etc).
- picture library caching of thumbnails to disk is now enabled by defualt for
- changed netradio screen to get it working again after recent changes to the
- minor change to the way web radio streams are played, to work around problems
that occur when people use plugins that use functions provided by WMP (for
example, conflict between WebRadio and CDRipper plugins).
- added ability to play ITV HD recordings
- updated internal TS reader to cope with H.264+AC3 streams generated by the new
- improved logic that help app know that analog and digital sides of some
devices couldnt be used at the same time (HVR2200/2250 etc)
- made a change to the way .MP3 playback works to allow it to play a wider set
of files, including those embedded cover art which previously were unplayable.
- added small tweak to get audio side of HVR-2200 working.
- made a slight improvement to the way the file list scrolls of the bottom of
the screen on the PCH/NMT clients
- added experimental support for Hauppauge software encoder analog devices, like
analog side of HVR3000 etc. You need to have the Hauppauge SoftMCE software
installed for this to work.
- added a minor improvement to auto aspect ratio control during DVD playback
- fixed a problem where some conflict recordings couldnt be deleted
- fixed a bug where turning down the volume could result in it going to 100%
volume after getting to 0%.
- added the ability to click the video window in the 'map digital channels to
epg channels' window to give a large view. Clicking again will toggle back to a
- improved digital tv scanning to make the config window remain responsive
during the scan.
- fixed a problem with the capture source order not being set correctly in the
database on some new capture sources
- added option to pass FLAC/OGG to mvpmc without transcoding.
- added ability to pass config to mvpmc so that configuration via share is not
- added logic to cope with bad xmltv files that have end-time prior to
- added direct support for gzipped URLs for xmltv file names. This means that,
for example, NZ users when setting up their capture sources can set their xmltv
file to point "http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/listings-freeview.xml.gz" or
"http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/listings-sky.xml.gz" and the app will automatically
download/decompress/read the listings.
- added a mechanism for more scanning only certain DVB-S frequencies DVB EPG
listings. Should help Dish/BEV users.
- added a context menu in for the capture source channel list with options for
'disable all' and 'enable all' which can save a lot of clicking of the enabled
check box for some setups.
- you can now select multiple channels and hit the 'remove' button when viewing
the capture source channel list instead of having to remove channels one at a
- added skinning support for specifying the number of buttons to show, and
offset between them, and background mask, in the horizontal menu.
- improved OSD quality with EVR renderer
- config app mapping screen is now more responsive during scan
- implemented support for automatic offset scanning for DVB-T
- added daemon tools support for .img files
- added logic to retain file list position when deleting a file from the video
- added PID filtering for the HDHomeRun to improve network efficiency
- and lots of other small bits I forget...
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 1.3.7 Size: 14.9MB Works on: Windows