VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit Windows platforms (95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP), licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.
* Added internal Huffyuv decoder.
* Added "crop to selection" command.
* Frameserver startup is now scriptable.
* MJPEG decoder now uses Rec. 601 color space instead of JFIF.
* 4:4:4 planar YCbCr (YV24) is now exposed in the Video Color Depth dialog.
* Added support for 4:2:2 10-bit YCbCr (v210) and 4:2:0 YCbCr with
interleaved chroma (NV12).
* Moved "add as batch job" form of save operations to a separate menu to
* The audio playback device can now be selected in Preferences.
* AMD64: MJPEG decoder is now available.
* Filters: Warp sharp added as internal filter with YCbCr 4:4:4 support.
* Filters: Perspective filter now supports bicubic filtering.
* Filters: Blur and Blur More are now supported on AMD64.
* Filters: Brightness/contrast filter now supports RGB24 and planar YCbCr
* Filters: Levels filter can now work directly in YCbCr formats when luma
mode is enabled.
* Filters: Bob doubler now allows deinterlacing to be disabled.
* Filters: Preview now keeps current position.
* Filters: Holding SHIFT when adjusting cropping now aligns to 16 pixel
* Display: OpenGL driver supports bicubic filtering.
* Display: The fallback to GDI when the app goes into the background can
now be disabled.
* D3D: Added high-precision pixel shader 2.0 display mode with dithering
for slightly better color fidelity.
* D3D: HDYC, v210, and Pal8 are now decoded in hardware.
* JobControl: The system can now also be put into sleep or hibernation at
the end of job queue processing.
* Fix for ACM decoding/encoding errors with some audio codecs related to
requesting a conversion with 0 source bytes.
* SaveWAV() script command showed error dialogs instead of redirecting the
* Audio display: Ctrl+Drag now explicitly says "shift audio" to avoid
* Capture: Fixed accumulation of "no device found" entries in the menu.
* DDraw: Workaround for rare DWMAPI.DLL->USER32.DLL load errors on XP.
* Display: Fixed bug where panes didn't redraw when disabled during a
* Display: Fixed disabled panes or panes showing end frames drawing bluish
colors rather than the correct Windows background color.
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 22.214.171.124586 Size: 1.35MB Works on: Windows