Fraps 2.9 adds support for Vista and DirectX 10 games. With games starting to appear using DirectX 10 graphics we are happy to report that benchmarking, video capture, and screenshots are now all fully supported for these titles.
Vista also includes a rewritten audio subsystem. Fraps can take advantage of this and directly record a sound stream from the machine without requiring any support from the soundcard driver. This allows you to capture ingame audio even if you are using a USB headset or other audio device which does not normally support a "Stereo Mix" or "What U Hear" recording input.
Since the Vista Desktop Window Manager (DWM) runs through DirectX we have also added a new option to monitor the desktop under Vista. You can now take screenshots and record video from the desktop just like any other game or 3D application.
- Fixed crash on installation for some users
- Fixed Fraps not working with Combat Arms
- Fixed counter not switching properly between multiple active 3D applications
- Fixed Fraps not detecting windowed games while monitoring DWM
- Systray icon now turns red while recording
- Minor optimizations and bug fixes
- Reduced memory footprint of 64-bit version of Fraps
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Shareware Version: 2.9.8 Size: 965KB Works on: Windows