Ultimate Windows Tweaker 1.1Posted on Sunday, February 08 2009 @ 20:24 CET by Thomas De Maesschalck
Ultimate Windows Tweaker is a freeware Tweak UI Utility for tweaking and optimizing Windows Vista, 32-bit & 64-bit. It can simply be downloaded and used as a portable application to customize your Windows Vista to meet your requirements. With judicious tweaking, It can make your system faster, more stable, and more secure with just a few mouse clicks. The tweaker detects whether you have IE 7 or IE 8 installed and accordingly offers you the relevant tweaks only.
System Information: A new page has been added that shows
basic information about your Windows and hardware configuration; like Windows
edition, Service Pack level, Processor, RAM etc.
- Show drive letters ENHANCED
- Add custom instant search
- Use small icons
- Store and display a list of recently opened programs and total no of programs
- Button grouping ENHANCED
User Accounts & UAC:
- User Account Control ENHANCED and has user friendly interface.
- Menu speed moved from Personalization page
- Services and performance tweaks re-arranged
- Bandwidth optimization moved from IE page
- Enable suggested sites
- Enable Caret browsing on startup of IE
- Enable clear type on HTML
- Enable smooth scrolling
- Notify when download complete
- Enable to check exe's signature
- Allow to run invalid signature exes
- Add "Pin to Start Menu" and "Add to Quick Launch"
- OEM information has separate place
- Detects default settings in clean installed Windows Vista
- Windows Vista x64 issues fixed
- DPI scaling problem fixed
- Few tweaks re-arranged
- Remove "-shortcut" suffix fixed
- Remove shortcut arrow from shortcuts icon fixed
- Suppress shutdown messages in Vista x86 issue on IE page
ADDED: Application minimizes to tray, along with a handy context menu. Helps to switch to appropriate page.
ADDED: Check For Updates link in About page.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here