TreeSize Professional is a powerful and flexible harddisk space manager for Windows 200X / XP / Vista (32 and 64 Bit). Find out which folders are the largest on your drives and recover megabytes on your disks. TreeSize Professional shows you the size, allocated and wasted space, the number of files, 3D charts, the last access date, the file owner and permissions, the NTFS compression rate and much more information of several folders or drives you choose. It also lets you search drives, entire servers or the entire network for old, big, temporary and duplicate files.
File Search: The "Move Checked Files" feature is now able to handle paths of
more than 255 characters and optionally is able to preserve the permissions of
the moved files.
• File Search: The "Move Checked Files" feature as well as the /MOVETO command
line option (Professional Edition only) now allow to pass the checked files to
any executable file as parameter. This offers system administrators a lot of
possibilities to manually and automatically process the search results of a
TreeSize Professional File Search.
• File Search: The search results can now be saved to a native Excel file. If
multiple result lists are saved, each list will be placed on a separate sheet.
• File Search: With a new option on the "Move Checked Files" dialog you can now
automatically remove empty parent directories that are left over after moving /
deleting the checked files.
• File Search: In the list of search patterns of the "Custom Search" type it is
now possible to use patterns that include fragments of a path, e.g.:
"C:Windows**.exe" or "*Temp*.old"
• File Search: The ZIP files created by the "Move Checked Files" feature are now
able to store Unicode file and folder names in the ZIP file. ZIP files
containing Unicode paths can only be unzipped properly by Unicode compatible ZIP
tools like WinRar or WinZip.
• File Search: It is now also possible to start the File Search with Full
administrative privileges from the Windows "Start" menu and the "Tools" menu of
• File Search: In the "File" menu it is now possible to print a result list or
to copy its contents to the clipboard. Use the right click menu of the lists to
copy only the selected items.
• File Search: It is now possible to copy the contents of the drive list to the
clipboard using its right click menu.
• File Search: The /DATE command line parameter is now also supported for the
file search. This way you can automatically add the current date and time to
file names specified for the /SAVE parameter or the /MOVETO parameter with a ZIP
file. /DATE will change all file names that appear after its occurrence on the
• The new command line options /NOHEADERS and /NOUNITS allow to omit the headers
and units from exported files, which simplifies getting plain data for later
• A new option allows to exclude files that are marked as Offline. Offline files
are often not physically present on the disk or are only cached temporarily on
the local disk.
• The new command line option /LISTSEPARATOR allows to define the separator that
is used when exporting text files.
• The new command line parameter /EXPORTDRIVELIST has been added, which saves
the contents of the drives panel to a file.
• Now the Excel 2007 format (file extension XLSX) is supported by TreeSize
Professional. This enables you to export Excel files with more than 65,000 rows.
• All Excel files saved by TreeSize Professional now have numbers and units
separated, which simplifies performing calculations with size values. When
saving the "Details" list to an Excel file now only the selected items will be
saved if more than one item is selected.
• All pattern editors (e.g. View > Options > Include/Exclude, the custom file
search, etc.) now have checkboxes in front of their patterns. This allows to
deactivate certain patterns temporarily without the need to delete them.
• You can now choose to install the Professional Edition as portable version,
e.g. on an USB stick. The settings are stored in the application path in this
• TreeSize Professional now stores the user settings in an XML file in the
• Treemap: Added OLE drag support to the treemap chart. Drop support will follow
in the next version. This allows dragging folders from the treemap to other
• Treemap: Ctrl + und Ctrl - can now be used to zoom the treemap. The cursor
keys, Home, End, PgUp and PgDown can be used to scroll the zoomed chart.
• Added a context menu item that allows to copy the underlying data from the
"Age of Files" chart to the clipboard as text.
• Ctrl+X now executes the Windows Explorer "Cut" operation in the directory tree
and the "Details" list. The keyboard shortcut for "Automatic Units" has been
reassigned to Ctrl+U.
• When saving a scan to an XML file, the XML stylesheet is now copied next to
the exported XML file and is referenced using a relative path. This simplifies
using the XML files on systems not having TreeSize Professional installed.
• Several minor improvements and bugfixes on the treemap, the bar and the pie
• The memory consumption for storing the file types and the user statistics has
• Bugfix: In the "Duplicate Files" search, when checking all selected items
using the context menu (if file group items get selected as well) the check
state of the group items was set too, which resulted in an error when using the
"Move Checked Files" function.
• Bugfix: Fixed a memory leak that occurred on Windows Vista when scanning with
the option "Track NTFS Alternate Data Streams and Hardlinks" activated.
• Bugfix: It is now also possible to pass domains and servers like domain or
server at the command line. Previously this worked in the user interface but
caused an error message at the command line.
• Many further enhancements and a few minor bug fixes have been incorporated.
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Shareware Version: 5.2.0 build 484 Size: 6.84MB Works on: Windows