WhereIsIt is an application written for Windows operating systems, and designed to help you maintain and organize a catalog of your computer media collection, including CD-ROMs and DVDs, audio CDs, diskettes, removable drives, hard drives, network drives, remote file servers, or any other present or future storage media device Windows can access as a drive.
* Reduced catalog file size, employing compression on certain parts of stored data. All catalogs will benefit, however special cases, such as catalogs with lots of disks and little data on disks (i.e. audio CD collections) savings will be considerable, up to 50%. There is no performance hit, and backward catalog compatibility is retained. Rebuild your catalogs to take effect.
* All plugin types have been consolidated to a single list and equipped with headers, instead of using three or four separate plugins lists. This should make it easier mostly for novice users to establish which plugins are active in scanning.
* Searching by item size now accepts criteria larger than 2GB, and goes up to 64-bit limit (Exabyte range). User interface has been changed a little as well, it will now convert between selected units automatically.
* Added support for handling Unicode (UTF-8) encoded ZIP files, which use Info-zip extended headers to add Unicode ZIP compatibility.
* Improved Matroska (MKV) description plugin; added codec profile and level information for H.264/AVC encoded files, better aspect ratio information, better handling of embedded subtitles without specified language.
* Updated AutoCAD thumbnails plugin, it is now able to handle and correctly import thumbnails from some older versions of .dwg files.
* Updated DcrawPlugin to the latest version of dcraw.c, updated plugin's configuration dialog to match dcraw.c functionality.
* Several other miscellaneous improvements, minor bug fixes and fine tuning throughout the program.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here