RJ TextEd 4.90 beta 2.1Posted on Thursday, February 19 2009 @ 12:47 CET by Thomas De Maesschalck
RJ TextEd is a full featured text and source editor with Unicode support, syntax highlighting and code folding. The functionality extends beyond text files and includes support for HTML editing with integrated preview, spell checking, auto completion, HTML validation, templates and more. The program also include support for Topstyle Lite CSS editor, has a dual pane file commander, as well as a FTP client to upload your files.
New features in this release:
Set Bookmark (Next/Previous Bookmark)
Added 3 new menu items in the search menu.
Set Bookmark - will set a bookmark without a number. You can set as many as you like. To navigate, use the menu items below.
Next/Previous Bookmark - Navigate between bookmarks. These functions work with normal numbered bookmarks as well.
Navigate between changed lines
Added 2 new items in the Search menu called Next/Previous changed line. With these two items you can navigate between your changed lines.
* Undo/Redo is now always available when you toggle wordwrap on/off.
* All functions are undo able in wordwrap mode. Even items edited before in column mode.
* Several functions like "Indent/Unindent" or "Comment on/off" now works in wordwarp mode.
* Convert: Tabs to spaces, Spaces to tabs should work properly now (including undo/redo).
* Remove trailing white spaces should work properly (including undo/redo).
* URL links are now wrapped properly and Ctrl+Click should also work. Also added highlighting for file:// and https://.
Open/Save dialogs (Unicode)
All open/save file dialogs are now capable of handling Unicode named folders and files.
Made several improvements to speed up functions like "Replace All", "Convert tabs to spaces", "Undo/Redo"...
The speed difference is huge.
Editing right to left text (Arabic...)
Made a small change to how the text cursor is positioned when editing right to left text.
Sync edit will now work with text fonts with letters of variable widths, like Arial, Calibri...
* Added an option: Show "Replace All" results, on the search tab. Uncheck this if you don't need to see all replacements in the bottom-bar.
* Made some huge speed improvements to Replace All and undo/redo.
* Added an option to set the undo/redo buffer size.
* Made several improvement to make undo/redo work when switching between wordwrap mode and normal edit mode.
* All functions are undo/redo able in wordwrap mode.
* Some major speed improvements (Replace All, Convert spaces to tabs...).
I've fixed a huge number of issues. Some of them include
Printing and print preview
Wordwrap issues (copy/paste, undo/redo...)
and much, much more...
Tools and Utilities
4.90 beta 2.1
Product page: here