WhereIsIt is an application written for Windows operating systems, and designed to help you maintain and organize a catalog of your computer media collection, including CD-ROMs and DVDs, audio CDs, diskettes, removable drives, hard drives, network drives, remote file servers, or any other present or future storage media device Windows can access as a drive.
- Reduced catalog file size, employing compression on certain parts of
stored data. All catalogs will benefit, however special cases, such as
catalogs with lots of disks and little data on disks (i.e. audio CD
collections) savings will be considerable, up to 50%. There is no
performance hit, and backward catalog compatibility is retained. Rebuild
your catalogs to take effect.
- All plugin types have been consolidated to a single list and equipped
with headers, instead of using three or four separate plugins lists. This
should make it easier mostly for novice users to establish which plugins are
active in scanning.
- Searching by item size now accepts criteria larger than 2GB, and goes up
to 64-bit limit (Exabyte range). User interface has been changed a little as
well, it will now convert between selected units automatically.
- Added support for handling Unicode (UTF-8) encoded ZIP files, which use
Info-zip extended headers to add Unicode ZIP compatibility.
- Improved Matroska (MKV) description plugin; added codec profile and
level information for H.264/AVC encoded files, better aspect ratio
information, better handling of embedded subtitles without specified
- Updated AutoCAD thumbnails plugin, it is now able to handle and
correctly import thumbnails from some older versions of .dwg files.
- Updated DcrawPlugin to the latest version of dcraw.c, updated plugin's
configuration dialog to match dcraw.c functionality.
- Several other miscellaneous improvements, minor bug fixes and fine
tuning throughout the program.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here