Weather Watcher is your personal Windows desktop weather station. Automatically retrieve the current conditions, hourly forecast, daily forecast, and detailed forecast as reported by The Weather Channel, severe weather alerts from NWS (US only), and weather maps for over 77,000 cities world-wide. The current conditions can be quickly viewed by holding your mouse pointer over the Weather Watcher system tray icon.
- ADDED: Proxy server and port text boxes to the "Internet" tab of the Weather Watcher Options window
- CHANGED: Rewrote DL.EXE application to work around some data retrieval issues created by the recent IE8 and Windows updates. The new DL.EXE application downloads data more quickly and should work for those people who found that Weather Watcher could no load
- CHANGED: Aligned the "Observed" and "Downloaded" time stamps at the bottom of the main Weather Watcher window
- FIXED: Various GUI issues in the main Weather Watcher window that appeared after IE8 was installed
- FIXED: The status window that shows the weather retrieval progress will now load inside of the main Weather Watcher window, regardless of the screen position of the main window
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here