DOSBox is a DOS-emulator that uses the SDL-library which makes DOSBox very easy to port to different platforms. DOSBox has already been ported to many different platforms, such as Windows, BeOS, Linux, MacOS X...
DOSBox also emulates CPU:286/386 realmode/protected mode, Directory FileSystem/XMS/EMS, Tandy/Hercules/CGA/EGA/VGA/VESA graphics, a SoundBlaster/Gravis Ultra Sound card for excellent sound compatibility with older games...
Most important changes:
- Support for more graphics modes and cards.
- Improved Vista support.
- New OPL emulation cores.
- Sound fixes and improvements for Mac OS X.
- Lots of compatibility fixes.
- Lots of cdrom detection improvements.
- Lots of memory (EMS/XMS) improvements.
- Various fixes and enhancements for the recompiling core.
- Support for evdev.
- Lots of DOS fixes.
- Slightly faster!
- More stable.
Tools and Utilities
Windows, Linux, Mac
Product page: here