Wireshark is the world's foremost network protocol analyzer, and is the de facto (and often de jure) standard across many industries and educational institutions.
The short changelog:
- Wireshark has a spiffy new start page.
- Display filters now autocomplete.
- A 64-bit Windows (x64) installer is now provided.
- Support for the c-ares resolver library has been added. It has many
advantages over ADNS.
- Many new protocol dissectors and capture file formats have been added.
- Macintosh OS X support has been improved.
- GeoIP database lookups.
- OpenStreetMap + GeoIP integration.
- Improved Postscript(R) print output.
- The preference handling code is now much smarter about changes.
- Support for Pcap-ng, the next-generation capture file format.
- Support for process information correlation via IPFIX.
- Column widths are now saved.
- The last used configuration profile is now saved.
- Protocol preferences are changeable from the packet details context
- Support for IP packet comparison.
- Capinfos now shows the average packet rate.
Internet and communication
Windows, Linux, Mac
Product page: here