|There are currently 105 people online.
Download: Skype for Windows 220.127.116.11
New features and improvements
- Share your screen with other Skype users
- Keyboard navigation and MSAA support
- Import contacts from more external address books
- Birthday reminders
- Send contacts from your own list to other Skype users
- Skype browser toolbar improvements
- Highlighting of toll-free phone numbers
- Skype Name Recognition – identifies the names of your Skype contacts
if they appear on web pages and allows you to communicate with them via
- Improvements to the vibrancy of the background colour scheme
- Minor changes to the area shown during a call, containing the volume
- Our installer for the Skype application and bundled optional
applications now uses the standard Microsoft MSI installation methods.
- Only those applications or add-ons that you wish to install are
- Improved password rules for better security
- Invite your friends to use Skype
- Call status was sometimes displayed as “Ringing” after the call had
- Error message sometimes appeared when selecting the “Learn about Call
Quality” link from the Call toolbar.
- Users were unable to call a contact again after rejecting the same
contact from a previous conference call.
- No sound was heard when connecting a second USB device, even when it was
selected as the default option.
- Skype automatically adjusted user’s microphone levels during a call even
when they had disabled this option.
- Skype did not warn users when they tried to answer a call without any
active audio devices being available.
- Auto-answer of incoming calls failed after multiple calls in quick
succession Dialpad is now visible when starting a call rather than when a
call is connected.
- Users were not notified when a file had been sent in a group IM
- When copying and pasting a web address (URL) links within the same
instant messages, the URL appears as a blank line.
- When copying a large amount of text, (approximately 20 lines) from the
same IM, and pasting it to the text input field, users no longer had the
ability to scroll or edit that particular text
- Users were unable to copy and paste from an SMS message.
- The copy/paste menu did not appear when right clicking in the IM input
- Dragging and dropping quoted text to the chat text box caused Skype to
crash for some users.
- No message displayed when two users were calling at the same time, only
the end call button was displayed.
- Users were not re-displayed in the contact list after they had been
- After renaming a contact, the name would revert back to its original
name following a restart.
- Some users were unable to drag and drop a contact to a group
- It was not always clear that MySpace contacts had been found during
- Quick filter results were displayed incorrectly after previously
selecting two contacts at the same time.
- Echo 123 was sometimes not available for newly created accounts.
- Blocking users was ineffective in some cases.
- No tooltips were visible for participants in a group conversation.
- Unable to edit a SkypeOut contact’s phone number more than once.
- Contact categories were ordered differently from the contact list.
- Links to previous IM’s within an existing chat (Yesterday, Last 7 days,
etc) did not show in some scenarios
- When an SMS was sent to a SkypeOut contact whose profile contained
multiple phone numbers, the SMS would always go to the first number even if
the user had selected an alternate phone number tab.
- Formatting of “quoted text” was displayed incorrectly.
- Users were unable to copy / paste from SMS messages.
Audio / Video
- Skype detected a Creative Live webcam even though the device was not
- A “New Audio Device” Communicator message appeared on every start up for
- Nothing happened when clicking the “remove” button to delete multiple
devices from Audio Settings drop down menu.
- Only one USB device was visible in the drop down menu when more than one
- When receiving video calls from a Skype for Mac user, the Windows user
saw an “On Hold” graphic when the incoming video was stopped.
- Some users were unable to undock from a docking station when a webcam
was in use.
- The “Video Call” option was incorrectly made available when users made a
- Video was still displayed when user turned off video while a call was on
- Video snapshot images appeared black when saved.
- Fixes for a small number of webcams that were not detected.
- Video did not start, if Skype was running on a secondary screen.
- When two identical USB audio devices were plugged in, only one device is
displayed in the list in Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Advanced.
Compact / Default view switching
- When switching from Compact View to Default View the display position
- Voicemail and File Transfer are now accessible via keyboard navigation.
- Fix for “Disk I/O error”. If user still experiences this ensure that the
appdata/skype/username directory is not read-only, if this does not resolve
the issue please contact Customer Support.
- Emoticons were still displayed even when this option was disabled.
- Skype crashed on Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Error message: “Unterminated entry” sometimes displayed when starting
Internet and communication
Product page: here