MyDefrag is a disk defragmenter and optimizer (a maintenance utility to make your harddisk faster) for Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 2008, and for X64. It is freeware, no time limit, fully functional, no advertisements. Fast, low overhead, with many optimization strategies, can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows. Included are a set of easy to use scripts for endusers, a scripting engine for demanding users, a screensaver, and a combined Windows plus commandline version that can be scheduled by the Windows task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts.
* Added a special version of the SetFileColor() setting that can be used
outside a VolumeSelect, for example in the Settings.MyD script.
* It is now possible to use macro's in any STRING.
* Added some keyboard keys: "F1" Open the manual. "Space" Pause / Continue
"CTRL-C" Copy the path of the file under the mouse to the clipboard. "+" Zoom
in. "-" Zoom out. "Arrow up" Scroll 8 pixels up. "Arrow down" Scroll 8 pixels
up. "Home" Scroll to top. "End" Scroll to bottom. "Page Up" Scroll up half a
page. "Page Down" Scroll down half a page.
* Added the "!RunTime!" macro.
* Added the "!Include!" macro.
* Added Japanese translation.
* Fixed the screensaver so it will add double-quotes around the name of the
* Made some changes in PreventScreenSaving() and PreventPowerSaving() in the
hope of solving a bug where running MyDefrag disables screen- and powersaving in
* Added some extra paths to find scripts, see the
RunScript manual page.
* Added Slovenian translation.
* Changed the location of the debug logfile. Previously it was the current
directory, now it is the installation directory. Also changed the name of the
screensaver debug logfile into "MyDefrag.debuglog" (previously
* Added Portuguese translation.
* Changed the default for the OtherInstances() setting from "exit" into
* Replaced the ExitIfOnBatteryPower() command with the BatteryPower()
setting. Previously the program would exit without warning if the computer was
running on battery power. Now it will show a popup window asking if it should
* Changed the vacate policy. If there is no gap large enough for the item to
be vacated then the program will now take the largest gap available, instead of
the first gap.
* Created a workaround for the SortByName() fileaction and the root
directory on NTFS volumes. Previously it would ignore the root directory, now it
will always place the root directory as the very first directory.
* Added Turkish translation.
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Free Version: 4.1 Size: 1.54MB Works on: Windows