MyDefrag is a disk defragmenter and optimizer (a maintenance utility to make your harddisk faster) for Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 2008, and for X64. It is freeware, no time limit, fully functional, no advertisements. Fast, low overhead, with many optimization strategies, can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows. Included are a set of easy to use scripts for endusers, a scripting engine for demanding users, a screensaver, and a combined Windows plus commandline version that can be scheduled by the Windows task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts.
* Optimized the subroutine that searches for contiguous fragments.
* Fixed a bug that would prevent the program from running (immediate finish) without a proper error message, if there was a directory called "Settings" anywhere in the path. Also added some extra error messages in case there is a problem executing a script.
* Optimized the subroutine that vacates items out of the way.
* Disabled the OtherInstances(ask) setting for the screensaver.
* The "F1" key now looks for the manual in the installpath, instead of always using "C:Program FilesMyDefrag v4.XManual.chm".
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here