MyDefrag is a disk defragmenter and optimizer (a maintenance utility to make your harddisk faster) for Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 2008, and for X64. It is freeware, no time limit, fully functional, no advertisements. Fast, low overhead, with many optimization strategies, can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows. Included are a set of easy to use scripts for endusers, a scripting engine for demanding users, a screensaver, and a combined Windows plus commandline version that can be scheduled by the Windows task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts.
* Deleted the LowMemoryUsage() setting. The program no longer caches the full paths of regular files. but still caches directories.
* Added a new defragmentation algorithm, the old algorithm is now available as Defragment(Fast).
* The list of fragmented files in the logfile will now show the count of wrap-around fragments, instead of the count of fragments.
* Fixed a bug that would cause the "MyDefrag.debuglog" file to be created even if the "-d 0" commandline parameters was specified.
* Added the SortByNewestDate() fileaction.
* Fixed a bug that prevented MyDefrag from processing files that were encrypted by another userid than the userid that was running MyDefrag.
* Fixed a bug in the AddGap() fileaction. It created gaps that were too big.
* Added the IgnoreWrapAroundFragmentation setting.
* Gaps are now also skipped by the wrap-around fragmentation analyzer.
* Added the FastFill(WithShuffling) option.
* Added some code to protect against circular folders.
* Made some changes in how the screensaver will stop in various circumstances.
* Changed the way that the !RunTime! macro is calculated.
* Fixed a bug that could cause an infinite loop on very full harddisks when trying to move files out of the way (vacate).
* Enlarged the width of short numbers from 7 to 11 characters.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here