GB-PVR is a mature, robust, full-featured Personal Video Recorder (PVR) or Media Center which runs on Microsoft Windows. It's main function is scheduling tv recording and watching live tv, but it can also playback a wide variety of media types across music, videos and photos. The application is made even more useful with a wide range of plugins available, providing features like weather, music jukeboxes, netflix etc.
- added CI support for watching DVB pay TV channels outside of north america.
Devices supported include Hauppauge WinTV-CI, and CI capable devices from
Twinhan, FireDTV and TechnoTrend. You can enable CI support on a per capture
source basis, using the new 'common interface' checkbox in the digital capture
- improved compatibility with Windows 7
- added logic to auto correct the tuning request of any already mapped channels
at the end of each scan. Basically if your broadcaster had changed any
audio/video pids, you can go into the config app and hit the 'rescan' button,
then any channel mappings that match the same frequency and program number will
be automatically updated to have the correct PIDs/PMT/PCR etc.
- DVB Subtitles now working again for live preview tv. When you're using the TS
Mux it'll also work for timeshift mode tv, and for playback of recordings.
- streaming client mode is now compatible with 'TS Mux'
- updated channel digital channel scanning screen. Showing details about the
- now keeps a few more backups of recording-dump.xml
- added support for DolbyDigital+ audio (also known as E-AC3). This audio format
is starting to be used with channels in a few countries (France, Israel etc).
- QAM users can now choose to use HRC cable frequencies if they needed.
- at the end of a QAM scan it will ask the user for permission to query the
Internet for additional channel information (ie channel names). This query uses
the SiliconDust web API. Thank you SiliconDust (the HDHomeRun manufacturer) for
offering the use of this service.
- fixed a bug where stopping DVD back would cause it to drop back to the main
menu instead of staying in the plugin previously visible (for example, Video
- fixed a problem where DVD playback could automatically restart on the next
keystroke after previously stopping DVD playback when screen saver timeout
period had expired.
- added ability to schedule to watch a future show. In TV Guide, press play on a
show in the future and it'll highlight blue. App will start live tv and switch
to that channel at the specified time. Pretty basic, no popup reminders on the
- decoders listed in the config app are now dynamically detected, rather that
from the list in config.xml
- fixed a problem with selecting the daemon tools executable in the config app.
- improved .ts playback
- new capture sources now default to the digital capture plugin instead of
- added "-fullscreen" and "-window" command line parameters which can be used to
override the default settings specified in the config app
- many PCH improvements to support changes Martin has been making to mvpmcx2.
(already made available via patches)
- updated mux checker to show TS Mux and DVR-MS mux.
- added support ffdshow as H.264 decoder. This decoder doesnt seem to work that
well for live H.264 tv though, and often display garbage on the screen when you
- added support for the Microsoft H.264 decoder (as used by Windows 7 Media
- added option to treat the 'Play' key as a 'Play/Pause' key.
- radio stations now included in the digital scan results
- DVB-S2 now available on Hauppauge devices
- fixed a bug where focus would not move to the list control if you clicked on
it with a mouse
- improved logic for scanning digital streams for channels
- fixed a problem with using the ArcSoft Video Decoder (and some other video
decoders) with transport stream recording playback.
- fixed a crash that could occur changing skins from the settings menu.
- added genre to the ADS metadata stored with recordings
- updated mdapi support to also work for encrypted H.264 channels. Also fixed a
related but that was stopping mdapi support on some channels with AC3 audio.
- 'search guide' and 'find all' search results now also include shows currently
- fixed a bug that could cause the automatic 'empty epg' step to be skipped
during the during the epg update process if the user had any capture sources
with the Epg Source set to 'none'.
- added ability for skin files to specify a .ttf filename in <TextStyle> so that
fonts can be loaded from a file rather than an installed font. The .ttf file
must be in the root directory of the skin that uses that font. For example,
<TextStyle name="DefaultTextStyle" typeFace="aeon_font.ttf" size="12"
- setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwaredevnzTSMuxBlockEncryp ted=1 (DWORD) will
cause the TS Mux to discard encrypted packets rather than writing them to the
file being recorded.
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 1.4.7 Size: 15.2MB Works on: Windows