Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
Changes since the last alpha:
* When zoomed in, the selection outline is again "pixelated", like it was in v3.36. This allows it to correctly outline the selected area. Compared to the old version, performance is much improved; this is because the amount of computation is proportional to the complexity of the selection instead of proportional to the area of the bounding rectangle surrounding it.
* The magic wand is no longer broken (oops).
* Fixed an important internal algorithm for correctness and improved its performance. The algorithm was the polygon scan-converter (GeometryList class), and its incorrectness may have been causing many other problems.
* Fixed some issues with the Text tool related to font fallback. This was preventing certain characters from showing up and was breaking international text.
* Reduced CPU usage of the font dropdown list.
* Fixed the "This program may not have installed correctly" warning sometimes showing up after installation on Windows 7.
3.5 build 3529 alpha
Product page: here