MyDefrag is a disk defragmenter and optimizer (a maintenance utility to make your harddisk faster) for Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 2008, Win7, and for X64. It is freeware, no time limit, fully functional, no advertisements. Fast, low overhead, with many optimization strategies, can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows. Included are a set of easy to use scripts for endusers, a scripting engine for demanding users, a screensaver, and a combined Windows plus commandline version that can be scheduled by the Windows task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts.
* Many internal changes that will speed up the program, especially when
vacating files to make room, but also in other areas. This however is at the
cost of more memory usage. The changes affect almost every aspect of the
program, which is why this is a beta.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the program from analyzing and processing FAT
* Lengthened the interthread timeout from 1 to 15 minutes. The program uses
locks to prevent the threads from simultaneously changing internal data. If
locking takes too long then the program will exit.
* Fixed a bug in the FastFill(WithShuffling) fileaction that could in some
cases result in all files above the unfillable gap to be seen as unmovable.
* Fixed a bug where the program would look for subscripts in the directory
of the Language.MyD file, instead of the directory of the main script.
* Added Simplified Chinese translation.
* Added Brazilian Portuguese translation.
* Added Greek translation.
* Fixed a bug in the screensaver where the pull-down list of alternate
screensavers on Windows 2000 was only 1 line high, making it like as if there
was only 1 entry.
* Fixed a bug where the paths would be missing the backslash just after the
* Added the
* Renamed the "SlowOptimize.MyD" script into "OptimizeMonthly.MyD".
* Renamed the "FastOptimize.MyD" script into "OptimizeWeekly.MyD".
* Renamed the "FastUpdate.MyD" script into "OptimizeDaily.MyD".
* Added the "ConsolidateFreeSpace.MyD" script.
* Added the !ProcessID! macro.
* Fixed a problem that would make the menu appear initially in english
instead of the chosen language.
* Fixed a problem where the MaxRunTime() setting would be ignored if the
SlowDown() setting was set to the default value of 100.
* Fixed a bug where the IgnoreWrapAroundFragmentation() setting would crash
the program if specified before a disk was analyzed.
* Added the
* Added an option in the installer to create a shortcut on the desktop to
the Daily and Monthly scripts.
* Moved the example scripts to a separate directory.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here