VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms (98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/Vista/7), licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.
* Images: Fixed bug where the PNG encoder would randomly produce invalid
* Scripts: Fixed memory read crash when attempting to open a file with
* Retweaked MP3 CBR rate determination.
* Fixed rare crash when stopping a scene shuttle operation.
* AVI: 1GB option was broken for normal save operations (although it did
work for capture mode).
* Filters: Shift+Mouse color checking in preview windows works again (broken
* Filters: Fixed incorrect frame being sampled after edits were done on the
* UI: Removed "run as job" check box from Save Image Sequence dialog, since
it's now redundant with the "queue batch operation" command.
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 1.9.6 build 32618 Size: 1.5MB Works on: Windows