Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
- Notable Changes
- Improved compatibilty with third-party zip software when reading/writing
filenames with extended characters.
- Fixed creating new folders in an empty zip using the wrong character for
the path delimiter.
- Data Compare
- Fixed error handling for large files that don't have a recognized line
- File Formats
- Fixed importing a new file format not showing the associated masks in
the list view.
- File Views
- Fixed updating the file info panel's "File Format" dropdown captions.
- Fixed file info panels so they show the line ending style.
- Fixed support for Vista theming of MP3 and Version compares.
- Fixed error handling after a cancel.
- Fixed detecting "binary same" so it isn't misdetected when using
- Fixed crash when detecting "binary same", occurred when loading a merge,
after save, toggling "Ignored".
- Folder Compare
- Improved responsiveness when cancelling a load of a large folder from a
local or network disk.
- Improved loading speed for large snapshots, and minor speedup when
loading other folders or filtering.
- Fixed copying the same .pst file to two locations simultaneously so it
no longer gives an access denied error.
- Fixed Vista theming so it shows the hot selection in the center column
when the mouse is over it.
- Fixed "Quick Compare" to open in new tab when appropriate.
- Fixed crash when loading folders with odd filenames.
- Inline rename accepted when [F2] is pressed.
- Fixed crash when refreshing multiple times when using Logitech SetPoint
- Folder Sync
- Fixed resizing not to hide the sync parameter edits.
- Fixed crash when cancelling interrupts opening of a remote connection.
- Fixed read timeout connecting to vsftpd with a passive, encrypted FTPS
- Fixed VMS folder listings incorrectly including a non-existent file
named "Total of # files, #/# blocks".
- Fixed support for read timeouts when downloading files using MODE Z
- Hex Compare
- Fixed crash when refreshing or loading a new pair of files while
scrolled to the bottom of the display.
- Fixed "Go To" when no items are visible.
- Home View
- Added "Open as New" submenu to open a saved session in a different view
- "Save As..." dialog now supports saving as a different session type.
- Fixed crash when clicking the "File Format" or "Encoding" dropdowns in
the file info panels.
- Fixed support for SIGINT (Control-C).
- Fixed closing a tab closing the entire application under Ubuntu.
- Improved error handling for number edits.
- Fixed File Format and FTP Profile "Encoding" dropdowns not including all
available codepages on Win9x.
- Fixed out of resources error when drawing the background gradient in the
view tab bar.
- Spacing for plain-text side-by-side file comparison reports launched
from a folder comparison are now calculated on a file-by-file basis
instead of padding the left side to give all reports the same width.
- Significantly reduced memory usage for file compare reports involving
lots of files.
- Attempting to load a session name that matches multiple sessions is now
considered a fatal error.
- Text Views
- Fixed saving whitespace-only lines when both "Trim trailing whitespace"
and "Convert leading spaces to tabs" are enabled.
- Text Compare
- Fixed View->Webpages handling of xml files.
- Fixed View->Webpages crash when loading files without write permissions.
- Text Merge
- Fixed crash after custom element definitions are removed from the
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Shareware Version: 3.1.7 build 10865 Size: 5.3MB Works on: Windows