MyDefrag is a disk defragmenter and optimizer (a maintenance utility to make your harddisk faster) for Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 2008, Win7, and for X64. It is freeware, no time limit, fully functional, no advertisements. Fast, low overhead, with many optimization strategies, can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows. Included are a set of easy to use scripts for endusers, a scripting engine for demanding users, a screensaver, and a combined Windows plus commandline version that can be scheduled by the Windows task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts.
* Fixed a bug where a StatusBar() command in a script would turn off the
statusbar in the screensaver, irrespective of the choice made in the screensaver
* Added the script- and disk-selection menu.
* The program now remembers the size and position of the window on the
* The Settings.MyD script is now always executed by the program itself, and
needs no longer be called from within a script.
* Moved the translations to the Settings.MyD script, and removed the
* Hardened the screensaver against improper installations, for example when
the executables have been copied to another machine (without using the MyDefrag
* Fixed a bug where the program could get confused when filling a zone and
start filling from the beginning of the disk, when it encountered an NTFS
* Changed the SelectNtfsSystemFiles() so it also selects all files in all
subfolders the $Extend folder. Previously it only selected files in the base
$Extend folder, and only filenames than began with "$".
* Strengthened the behavior if the Microsoft defragmentation API refuses to
move a file into a gap. For example the sorted placements will now skip the gap
after more than 10 failures.
* The WhenFinished(shutdown) and WhenFinished(reboot) settings are no longer
executed when a script is cancelled.
* Fixed a problem in the scrolling and zooming calculations.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here