VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms (98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/Vista/7), licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.
* AVI: Modified indexing traversal to handle deeply nested hierarchical
* Filters: Rescaling after changes to filter chain now extends or trims
ending ranges as needed to match changes to frame count.
* Filters: Fixed bug where a filter capable of both 3D accelerated and
unaccelerated modes (resize) could force a conversion to YV24 at its
input when RGB32 was a better match.
* Filters: Filter preview no longer always runs the filter chain with the
input video mode set to default.
* Display: Added workaround for video card/driver combos that perform
extremely poorly with DirectDraw/Direct3D blits overlapping a secondary
monitor. This can be toggled in Options > Preferences > Display.
* Command line: The warning dialog at the end of command line processing is
now suppressed if /x is specified.
* Filters: Fixed filter errors not showing up properly.
* Filters: Fixed crash when PNG decoding error occurs with logo filter.
* Filters: Fixed random crash when opening Video Filters dialog before
opening any videos.
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 1.9.7 Size: 1.62MB Works on: Windows