MyDefrag is a disk defragmenter and optimizer (a maintenance utility to make your harddisk faster) for Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 2008, Win7, and for X64. It is freeware, no time limit, fully functional, no advertisements. Fast, low overhead, with many optimization strategies, can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows. Included are a set of easy to use scripts for endusers, a scripting engine for demanding users, a screensaver, and a combined Windows plus commandline version that can be scheduled by the Windows task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts.
* Fixed a bug in the Title() setting that caused it not to replace macros.
* Fixed a bug where a change in the size of the windows would not be
remembered if the windows were not moved away from the top-left of the screen.
* Added a parameter to
PlaceNtfsSystemFiles to set the size of the NTFS reserved area.
* Added the !ProgressPercentage! macro.
* The script chooser will no longer display volumes that are excluded with
ExcludeVolumes() in the Settings.MyD file.
* Changed the syntax of the
AddGap actions. It is now possible to place zones anywhere, they do not have
to be placed one-after-another from the beginning of the disk.
* Changed the default scripts so that the MFT, some other NTFS system files,
and the directories, are now placed 30% into the data on the disk.
* Fixed a bug in the screensaver that would not display the progress
* Fixed a bug in the graphics code that will properly show StatusBar(path)
if StatusBar(Status) is not specified.
* Changed the vacate function so that when there are no gaps above the end
of the zone, it will use the highest gap available. Before it would use the
first gap available.
* Changed the default script for the screensaver into Optimize Daily. Before
it was Optimize Weekly.
* Changed the default setting for the status bar of the screensaver into
Full Status Bar. Before it was No Status Bar.
* The positions of the windows are now also saved when the windows are moved
and not only when they are resized.
* If the Windows defragmentation API has not succesfully moved an NTFS
compressed file then MyDefrag will no longer try to move the file with the
alternative method, but leave the file where it is and mark it as unmovable. The
alternative method is extremely slow for compressed files.
* Made a change that should increase the chance of succesfully moving files
on Windows 2000 machines. Sometimes files could not be succesfully moved and
they would be marked as unmovable.
* Fixed a bug that caused unnecessary work and unfilled gaps at the end of a
zone for the SortBy fileactions.
* The script chooser window will now list scripts that contain a syntax
error. The description of the script shows the error.
* Fixed a bug where the subroutine that determines if a file is fragmented
(see the IgnoreWrapAroundFragmentation setting) would treat gaps as unmovable.
* Fixed a bug that caused the program to skip very big FAT volumes.
* If the Sortby fileactions find two files to be equal (for example
SortBySize and files with equal size) then the program will now also compare the
Inodes. This reduces the number of filemovements.
* The !Include PATH! macro is now evaluated before any other macros, so that
macros inside the included file will be processed.
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Free Version: 4.2.5 Size: 1.91MB Works on: Windows