EditPad Lite is a general-purpose text editor, designed to be small and compact, yet offer all the functionality you expect from a basic text editor. EditPad Lite works with Windows 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, Vista, and 7.
- Windows 7: Disable EditPad's icon next to the system clock by default,
as Windows 7 hides all notification icons by default.
- Windows Vista & 7: Running EditPad as administrator no longer reuses the
existing EditPad window, if any. This makes sure that the instance with
elevated rights will actually run rather than bring a previous instance with
normal rights to front again.
- Windows Vista & 7: Running EditPad as administrator now shows (as
administrator) in the caption bar, so you can easily distinguish between
EditPad instances running with elevated rights from those running with
- Windows Vista & 7: Vista-style open and save dialog boxes.
- Deleting a rectangular selection of which the first line was totally
blank moved the cursor down one line.
- EditPad needlessly checked at regular intervals whether the current file
still exists on disk.
- Searching reloads the file after the search instead of before the search
if it was modified on disk, causing incorrect search matches and other
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here