VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms (98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/Vista/7), licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.
Build 32706 (1.9.8, stable): [December 24, 2009]
* Fixed occasional hang with certain conversion paths from 8-bit (256
color) to YCbCr formats.
* Fixed bug where two curve points on top of each other in the curve editor
didn't save properly in script files.
* Fixed decompression error in IFF ANIM decoder when entire bitplanes were
* Filters: Fixed glitches in IVTC pattern in the first five frames of
* Filters: Fixed occasional crash when 3D acceleration is enabled and the
3D device is lost.
* Filters: Fixed bugs where the curve display would either show the wrong
frames or fail to step in certain circumstances.
* Filters: Blends are no longer allowed on filters where the input and
output have different formats; this didn't work and produced a corrupted
* Filters: Fixed crash in smoother filter with MMX disabled.
* Decoders: Fixed crash in Motion JPEG decoder on certain kinds of corrupt
* Frameserver: Fixed random crash issue related to stream format structure.
* Hex editor: Fixed bug where 'O' and 'S' activated open and save commands
instead of Ctrl+O and Ctrl+S.
Tools and Utilities
1.9.8 build 32706
Product page: here