The Ultimate System Cleaning and Error Fixing Utility Suite.
What's New (compared to PowerTools 2009)
1. Redesigned user interface and highly improved user experience.
2. Two User Interface modes: Simple (default) and Advanced. The Simple GUI shows
the user less options and features, the Advanced GUI shows everything, similar
to PowerTools 2009.
3. New unified list component, all the tools now use the same, custom developed
3a. All lists now support Filter Panel, just start typing to open the Filter
3b. All lists have a List Control option in the Right-Click menu, the List
Control allows you to do many basic tasks such as remove lines from the list and
copy lines to the clipboard.
4. Home feature in the Main Window allows you to easily launch the most commonly
5. "Clean and fix my computer" feature that runs the Registry Cleaner,
History/MRU Cleaner and File Cleaner all at the same time.
6. New, 6th generation registry cleaner engine. The entire engine has been
redesigned with safety as the number one design goal, and speed as the secondary
7. All the registry features now use a new faster registry access component, it
makes many tools, such as the Registry Finder work faster.
7a. Improved 64 bit Registry support. For example, the Registry Info Tool will
now show the information for both 32 bit and 64 bit registry views of 64 bit
8. Program Debug Tool. When you start the program, all buttons you haven't
clicked will show with red font, after you have clicked them they will be shown
with a green font. This allows you to see which features you have already
tested, and the Program Debug Tool under the Main Window's Debug menu will also
list all the non-tested features for you.
9. Beta Release Version system. With PT 2010, we can define if a product version
is a Beta Release or not. As Beta1 is a Beta Release, the logging feature is
always on and the Debug menu is always visible in the Main Window. To save a
Debug Log, just go to the Debug menu in the Main Window and select "Save Debug
10. Re-designed Message Logs. With PT 2009 the Message Logs were windows under
the actual tool windows, now they are integrated to the tool windows.
11. Fully rewritten Registry Monitor and File Cleaner tools.
12. Dozens of smaller improvements: Open in RegEdit now highlights the registry
entry as well, improved Printing feature, improved Tab graphics, new Preference
Saving GUI, faster Duplicate File Finder, Tab Notification icons show if any
tabs have non-default settings that can affect the way the tool works, Desktop
and other user folders are no longer being skipped as "system directories" by
file and directory searching tools such as the File Finder, New Right-Click menu
system shows you what features work with selected (checked) items of the list
and which work with the highlighted item(s).
Bugs Fixed (since Beta1):
1. Registry Cleaner could show a false positive in a rare case the filename
contained specially formated additional data, such as "foobar.HTMLgroup=123"
wasn't correctly analyzed to be a file reference to "foobar.HTML".
2. Closing one instance of PowerTools also closes possible other instances of
3. Anti-Malware tool: the “Update Anti-Malware” Abort and Close buttons stay red
4. Registry Info: bottom part of the lists below the pie charts are not visible.
5. If a list contains only one item, the Select features such as Select All, do
6. Registry Find & Replace: the results window cannot be resized.
7. Automation Tool: message "x0x and xyz" run succesfully! should say "... ran
..."" (not "run").
8. Global Ignore List implementation is full of holes, it is, for example,
possible to delete files with the file tools even if the files are listed in the
Global Ignore List.
9. Start Menu Tool lists everything under the caption of "Found broken
shortcuts" even all the empty directories, which in fact are not broken
10. Registry Finder and Registry Cleaner can show duplicate data, especially
under 64 bit Windows 7.
11. If you start to write while a list is in focus, it pops up the Filter Panel
but there is a short delay before the panel actually shows. The delay sometimes
causes the one or more typed character to be lost. If you wait until the panel
shows before typing the second character, it is OK.
12. Many tool lists: hitting the refresh key (f5) brings up the filter panel
filled with a single "t" character.
13. Sometimes when using the Filter Panel you can see the filtering in action,
lines being hidden etc.
14. Sometimes when using the Filter Panel the list can just show a few lines,
yet still there is a scroll bar visible.
15. An item fixed from the Known Issues list: Checking list items by clicking
directly their checkboxes can cause unexpected results.
16. Program Maintenance Tool can start with the scroll bar automatically
scrolled at a random position, it should always start in a way the first button
17. When running Registry Monitor's "Create snapshot" it can sometimes run but
produce no snapshot whatsoever.
18. Registry Monitor doesn't always delete a corrupted or incomplete Registry
19. The SafeyNet can allow the user to delete registry keys and values critical
to the system.
20. The Settings item in the Main Window's Tools menu does not work.
21. The Settings and Backups features are inconsistent in the Main Window, at
one place "Settings" comes first, on another the "Backups".
22. After a tool window is shown, its status bar can remain empty and only
updated after the list is clicked.
23. The Font Scan module of the Registry Cleaner can produce False Positives in
a rare case the registry contains incorrectly formatted data.
24. The lists are sometimes in random order, that is, if the user hasn't sorted
the list by clicking a column the lists do not always have a default sorting
25. The lists do not remember the last used sort setting.
26. Uninstalling a software using Software Uninstaller's Custom Uninstall
feature causes the Custom Uninstall to freeze until Software Manager has
re-populated its screen.
Other Improvements (since Beta1):
1. New Main Window GUI look and feel.
2. Better button positioning in Quick Tutorial.
3. Better looking Message Windows.
4. Better looking Hint popups.
5. Live Support window now stays on top of other windows.
6. Removed one limitation of Beta1: The Averages section of the Registry Info
Tool is not yet implemented.
7. If a list has only a few items, a progress panel will no longer be shown
while a selection operation (e.g. Select All) is running as the operation will
only take a second. The progress panel will only be shown with long lists where
the operation can take a few seconds to complete.
8. Greatly improved the GUI of the Settings window.
9. The File Tool and the Directory Tool now report if some items were not listed
because of the Never Show Again feature or the Global Ignore List. (message
shown only if Show Extended information has been enabled from Settings)
10. The Show Extended information feature is now disabled by default for users
of the Basic user interface and enabled by default for users of the Advanced
11. Greatly improved the way Software Uninstaller and Registry Manager handle
and report the execution of the uninstaller application.
12. Added a warning to let the user know that PowerTools cannot undo any actions
done by running the uninstaller application of a third party.
13. Improved the speed of the Registry Finder and Registry Cleaner.
14. Improved the look and feel of the Quick Tutorial.
15. Registry Info's 64 bit registry features are no longer visible under 32 bit
16. Added a neat looking Warning panel to Program Maintenance Tool, clicking the
Warning panel closes it and it will not be shown again.
17. If the Registry Monitor crashes while creating a snapshot, the incomplete
snapshot will be automatically deleted by the Registry Monitor. Starting from
the next version, the user is shown a message when this happens, before no
message was shown.
18. Added features to test the Safety Net from the Main Window's Debug menu.
19. The File Tool and Directory Tool no longer show the Top Panel if the list is
20. Removed Match Criteria tab from the Duplicate File Finder, the feature was
more confusing than usefull.
21. The "you are running the program in debug mode..." tip no longer shows with
these Beta Testing Releases.
22. The Startup Manager now starts with the filter panel invisible, before the
panel was visible by default and this could be quite confusing for new users.
23. Empty lists now show a text, for example the Backup tool shows "(No backups
found)" if there are no backups to display.
24. "The registry scan is now finished. All the items listed in the Registry
Cleaner window are errornous should be safe to fix ..." message will no longer
be shown if the Registry Cleaner scan doesn't find any errors.
25. Fully redesigned File Cleaner.
26. File Cleaner no longer shows "These files were found..." message if no files
27. The program could check for Live Support status within the first program
run, this is not needed as the program needs to restart.
28. The first non-group item of the list is now automatically highlighted after
29. Initial Setup doesn't cache directories that look like backup or temp
30. The System Cleaner is no longer visible for users using the Simple User
Interface, the tool is the most dangerous tool of the entire program and
therefore will not be shown to novice users.
31. The System Cleaner now shows an info message when started to let the user
know what the tool actually does.
32. The Top Panels of different tools are no longer visible if the tool's list
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Shareware Version: 2010 Beta 2 Size: 5.08MB Works on: Windows