Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
* All font variants (Arial vs. Arial Narrow, etc.) are now available with the
Text tool in Win7/Vista with DirectWrite.
* Bitmap font types (Courier, Terminal, Fixedsys) are now available with the
Text tool in Win7/Vista.
* Fixed some bad kerning with the Text tool at small sizes when antialiasing was
turned off, with Win7/Vista + DirectWrite.
* Bilinear and Bicubic resampling for Image->Resize have improved quality,
correctness, and performance. Super Sampling also has some performance
* Improved the rendering quality for the Hue/Saturation adjustment, as
originally discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23593 . Also made a new icon for it.
* The Move Selected Pixels tool had many subtle
rendering issues which are now fixed. These were readily apparent when rotating
or flipping a selected area.
* Fixed: The Line/Curve tool was applying pixel snapping to the curve nodes,
which caused lines to "bend" when using the Shift key to constrain the angle.
* Fixed some extraneous CPU usage related to unnecessary or redundant thumbnail
* Fixed a few dialogs that looked wrong with Aero glass with Remote Desktop or
* Fixed a nasty memory leak with Flatten followed by Undo.
* Fixed some issues related to effects that took awhile to cancel -- as it turns
out, drag-and-drop was enabled at this time, which could easily lead to crashes.
Now, a dialog box will be shown when an effect takes "too long" to finish or
* Some Win7 systems could not detect that .NET 3.5 SP1 was installed, even
though it was. A fallback detection function has been added.
* For plugin authors, the Effect class now has a pollable IsCancelRequested
property. This can be used to improve responsiveness for expensive
OnSetRenderInfo() implementations, which are otherwise non-interruptible.
* For plugin authors, the Surface.FitSurface() method is now multithreaded.
3.5.2 beta build 3653
Product page: here