Paint.NET 3.5.2 beta build 3653Posted on Sunday, Jan 03 2010 @ 19:26 CET by Thomas De Maesschalck
Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
* All font variants (Arial vs. Arial Narrow, etc.) are now available with the
Text tool in Win7/Vista with DirectWrite.
* Bitmap font types (Courier, Terminal, Fixedsys) are now available with the Text tool in Win7/Vista.
* Fixed some bad kerning with the Text tool at small sizes when antialiasing was turned off, with Win7/Vista + DirectWrite.
* Bilinear and Bicubic resampling for Image->Resize have improved quality, correctness, and performance. Super Sampling also has some performance improvement.
* Improved the rendering quality for the Hue/Saturation adjustment, as originally discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23593 . Also made a new icon for it.
* The Move Selected Pixels tool had many subtle (and not-so-subtle ) rendering issues which are now fixed. These were readily apparent when rotating or flipping a selected area.
* Fixed: The Line/Curve tool was applying pixel snapping to the curve nodes, which caused lines to "bend" when using the Shift key to constrain the angle.
* Fixed some extraneous CPU usage related to unnecessary or redundant thumbnail updates.
* Fixed a few dialogs that looked wrong with Aero glass with Remote Desktop or Virtual PC.
* Fixed a nasty memory leak with Flatten followed by Undo.
* Fixed some issues related to effects that took awhile to cancel -- as it turns out, drag-and-drop was enabled at this time, which could easily lead to crashes. Now, a dialog box will be shown when an effect takes "too long" to finish or cancel.
* Some Win7 systems could not detect that .NET 3.5 SP1 was installed, even though it was. A fallback detection function has been added.
* For plugin authors, the Effect class now has a pollable IsCancelRequested property. This can be used to improve responsiveness for expensive OnSetRenderInfo() implementations, which are otherwise non-interruptible.
* For plugin authors, the Surface.FitSurface() method is now multithreaded.
3.5.2 beta build 3653
Product page: here