Simply put, it is a reproducible measure of fast your machine can encode a short HD-quality video clip into a high quality x264 video file. It's nice because everyone running it will use the same video clip and software. The video encoder (x264.exe) reports a fairly accurate internal benchmark (in frames per second) for each pass of the video encode and it also uses multi-core processors very efficiently. All these factors make this an ideal benchmark to compare different processors and systems to each other.
Added in this release:
- the Intel Core i7-920 desktop processor (overclocked to 3.6 GHz).
- the improved results of the AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE desktop processor.
- the Intel Core i5-750 desktop processor.
- the AMD Opteron 8356 workstation processor.
- the Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 desktop processor.
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 3.05 Size: 32.2MB Works on: Windows