Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
* Fixed DirectDraw Surface (.dds) file format support for CPUs which do not have SSE2 (Pentium III, Athlon XP)
* Fixed an issue with the File->Save dialog related to file type plugins that were only written for opening (importing).
* Fixed some crashes which were supposed to be "out of memory" errors.
* Fixed a race condition with the New Image, Canvas Size, and Resize dialogs. If you typed extremely fast you could cause a crash by typing a negative number and immediately pressing OK or Enter.
* Fixed a File->Save dialog issue in Win7/Vista where it could ask you about overwriting the wrong file.
Product page: here