Primary Tab ThumbnailNetwork inventory has never been easier. While many competitors rely exclusively on agentless methods crippled by remote registry and WMI misconfiguration issues, slow operation (single threaded) or high bandwidth usage (multithreaded), NEWT® Professional uses a sophisticated light-weight (500KB) client automatically deployed to remote machines without any user intervention, providing a much faster scan of 100 machines in less than 5 minutes. This technique is similar to those employed by DameWare, VNC and other remote administration tools. In combination with our unique "SimulScan" multithreaded technology it allows NEWT® Professional to act like an agentless solution to the user while having many agent-based benefits. By default, clients remain on machines for a specified number of days for even faster scanning and automatically remove themselves without any user intervention. Zero Footprint options are also available.
- FIXED: Scanner EXE was being falsely identified as a virus by McAfee+Artemis.
- FIXED: Last logged on username wasn't being detected properly when no one was logged in.
- FIXED: Monitor Model was inaccurate on Vista & Windows 7.
- FIXED: Stalls during IP scans due to licensing issues.
- FIXED: R2 revisions of Windows 2008 Server were being misidentified as Windows 7.
Program Information Category:
Tools and Utilities Type:
Free Version: 2.5 Build 150 Size: 4.1MB Works on: Windows