This is the improved version of the x264 HD Benchmark 2.0 benchmark which has become a standard CPU benchmark for Tech ARP as well as many other hardware enthusiasts.
The new x264 HD Benchmark 3.0 ups the ante by using the latest r1342 x264 encoder as well as other changes under the hood. This makes the x264 HD Benchmark 3.0 the new best tool for testing the full capabilities of modern multi-core processors.
Do note that due to the changes, the results from x264 HD Benchmark 3.0 are NOT comparable with results from older versions of the benchmark. In addition to the release of the benchmark, we will be compiling benchmark results for this new version. There are now 80 CPUs in this article, but we need MORE results! So please contribute your new benchmark results to this project!
- Improved the x264 HD Benchmark 3 Render Speed (Average) results by showing the Pass 1 : Pass 2 ratio (mouse-over the chart to see the difference).
- Added the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 desktop processor (overclocked to 3.26 GHz).
- Added the Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 mobile processor.
- Added the Intel Core 2 Duo T4300 mobile processor.
- Added the improved results of the AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE desktop processor.
Program Information Category:
Free Version: 3.15 Size: 32.2MB Works on: Windows