Hitman Pro 126.96.36.199Posted on Sunday, Feb 28 2010 @ 18:34 CET by Thomas De Maesschalck
Are you certain that your current Security software program protects your PC against malware? Use the free version of Hitman Pro for a second opinion. Don't take any risks.
- Detects and removes TDL3 rootkit version 3.27
(actively spreading since Feb. 23).
- TDL3.27 rootkit authors solved a bug that allowed disk access through SPTI. TDL3.27 (or newer) now monitors SPTI and serves the uninfected bytes when trying to read the hard disk driver from disk. Hitman Pro now uses different methods to detect this highly advanced rootkit.
- The rootkit's authors are actively watching the security industry, monitoring which tools can detect and remove their creation. Each update shakes off a few tools making this rootkit one of the most resilient malware to date.
- Improved removal on files with specific permissions.
- Added XML logging.
- Watch our Blog as a post on Logging will appear shortly.
Added command line switches:
- /log=C:Folder (make sure the path ends with a backslash)
- Added registry value LogPath which behaves the same as the /log= command line switch.
- Added Hungarian strings.
- Updated Russian, Estonian, and Greek strings.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here