WhereIsIt 2010 - Ribbon User Interface Where Is It? 2010, the next major shareware version is now available to general public. Featuring new, context-sensitive, ribbon-based user interface with large, high quality icons, WhereIsIt is easier and faster to use than ever, and blends right in with modern Windows operating systems like Windows 7. New version also comes with several other enhancements and improved plugins.
- Significantly improved built-in scanning troubleshooting capabilities.
- Introduced optional scanning safe mode. In safe mode, all plugins are
run in their own separate threads, separating them from the scanning process
and allowing it to retain a level of control over executing plugins. In safe
mode, stuck plugins can be terminated by user action, or automatically if
they execute longer than predefined allowed time. Plugins causing problems
can be turned off for the remainder of scanning. Long archive file
operations can be canceled as well, allowing scanning to continue
- Added detailed scanning status information, available on request at any
given moment. This status information reports current task in progress, as
well as all available related information, including running plugin, file
being processed by the plugin, current folder being cataloged etc. Plugins
activity logging is still available, however it should now rarely be
necessary to use.
- Improved help file documentation for media scanning troubleshooting.
- The Windows Shell Thumbnails plugin has been heavily optimized. Asking
Windows shell about available thumbnails for every file being cataloged is
quite expensive in terms of performance. The plugins now "learns" as it goes
on each scan which types of files have available thumbnails in Windows
shell, and which have failed to produce consistently, skipping them for the
rest of scan. Performance improvement is very notable.
- The internal viewer now features a simple slideshow support.
- ISO files handling is now more robust, especially the UDF format
detection. Some non-UDF ISO files have turned out to be problematic in
- The popup menu in Report Generator / Printer Setup / Settings button was
not displayed correctly. Fixed.
- The sort button in Catalog Setup has had no effect on listed items.
- Help file now switches to the default English language help file, if
help file specified in active language file is not available. The program
now also warns if unable to show help due to missing HTML Help support on
the system (old Windows systems).
- Tweaked a bit Compare functions, filename compares are case insensitive
once again, and files that have only changed in using capital case in their
filenames are tolerated as unchanged.
- IMDB plugin: adjusted for small changes on IMDB web site, preventing
some titles from detecting and downloading full size thumbnails.
Tools and Utilities
Product page: here